Old 8 Jun 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
congratulations on your wedding and looking forward to the rest of the report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rinroo View Post
How amazing were the flight attendants on your flight, fantastic way to start your honeymoon.

Ahh Carey’s corn dog nuggets, love these. Food at boma looked good, never eaten there yet.
They were amazing, was a really lovely flight- boma was delicious, one of the best Disney buffets

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
congratulations on your wedding and looking forward to the rest of the report
Thank you very much

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Day 2- Seven Seas Food Festival, Seaworld

Today the food was all courtesy of the SeaWorld Seven Seas Food Festival. It opened around midday and we bought a 15 punch lanyard for $70, we were only charged $60 as it was the last day and they couldn’t guarantee every booth would have the full menu. The festival is bigger than Epcot and you can use your credits for a sample of the beers, wines or cocktails as well as food. The portions are also bigger than Epcot.

We started with the Mexican Market as it was Cinco de Mayo that day and had Tinga De Res Taco (shredded beef taco with tomato chipotle sauce). It was really good, packed with beef, cheese and salsa.

Next we went to the American Market and got the Buffalo Meatloaf Slider topped with Arugula, Smoked Bacon, and Pimento Cheese. A really decent size and delicious- the pimento cheese was especially nice. We wished we had got the Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese too but wanted to try and hit as many booths as possible

We headed to the North Atlantic Market and used three credits on a New England Lobster Roll, Poutine and a cocktail called Riptide (Spiced Rum, Amaretto, Blue Curacao and Apple Juice). The poutine was huge and so tasty- poutine would be great on a cold winters day as it is always piping hot! There was plenty of lobster in the roll and it wasn’t dry at all as the roll was buttered. The cocktail was gorgeous, the strongest flavour was the Amaretto and it worked surprisingly well with the apple.We loved this booth.

Next was the German Market and we got the Pretzel wrapped Bratwurst and Frozen Chocolate Cake cocktail (Chocolate, Caramel Vodka, Rum and Chocolate almond milk). The pretzel was really soft and salty and the sausage was a little bit spicy-to make it even more tasty it came with a dipping pot of beer cheese. The drink was really heavy as it had so many sweet ingredients but it was delicious and I think Brett wished we had bought the full sized version- we may have to try and make this at home. I didn’t get a look in with the drink and Brett didn’t get near the pretzel so we were both happy!

The rain put food on hold for a couple of hours but when it stopped we cracked on and visited the Polynesian booth and got the Lumpia (pork and pineapple spring roll) and frozen Pina Colada. We also got a frozen Mimosa from the brewery.All were delicious and we were happy to be able to carry on with the day. The spring roll was savoury and the sweet pineapple was in the form of a chutney on the outside. As a huge Mimosa fan, I was happy that the frozen version worked just as well.

We joined the biggest queue of the entire day (roughly 25 minutes) at the Brazilian Market and got Picanha Steak, Pao de Queijo (cheese bread) and frozen Caipirinha. This was the best booth of the day and worth the longer wait. Absolutely beautiful- the steak was rare and seasoned really well. The cheese bread was much bigger than the Epcot version and we got two large pieces- it was soft and chewy and loaded with cheese. The cocktail tasted heavily of lime which I love.

It was time for something sweet so we headed to the Sweet Market and sampled the Donut Icecream Sandwich with Oreos. This was really sickly but so good. It was a full size donut and packed with icecream.

We decided we were done with food now and used the last credit on a drink at the Rum stand- a Caribeno (rum, coconut water and lime). It was awful so we bought a full size Mojito to share which was much better.

We barely scratched the surface with this Festival as there are so many booths- I’m not sure we even managed to do half of it. I highly recommend it as there is so much choice, decent sized portions and better value than Epcot as you can use credits on samples of the alcohol too. It is a downer if it rains as the booths all close, as we found out when a major storm hit for a couple of hours and meant we were there longer than planned to use up the lanyard, but overall it is well worth a visit.

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

DAY 3- OUR WEDDING DAY

Cypress Grove Estate House, Orlando
Today was our wedding day so there isn’t a massive amount to report from the food side. Brett had breakfast in the Mara but forgot to take pictures. I didn’t have anything other than water as I wasn’t hungry.

After we got married the first thing we ate was of course wedding cake washed down with a glass or two of champagne. The champagne was very sweet but went down very well and we managed to finish the whole bottle over the course of the morning at the venue and in the limo. The cake was red velvet and buttercream with fondant icing. I genuinely have no idea which bakery made this but it was delicious. We gave away as much as we could to the staff back at Disney as we knew most of it would end up in the bin. I really love our cake and the fact that it wasn’t your typical wedding cake- the idea was inspired by the film Coco and the Day of the Dead celebrations.

Ale and Compass Lounge, Yacht Club

At the Ale and Compass lounge in the Yacht Club, we were given a free glass of champagne each and the baker gave us a solid white chocolate Mickey Mouse figure. We ate this last week when we got back home and it was solid all the way through not hollow, it was delicious.

ESPN, Boardwalk

We had a drink while we were updating family briefly on our wedding. Brett had The Jockey Julep (Southern Comfort, Branca Menta, Lemon Juice, and Simple Syrup)

and I had Millie's Mule (Ketel One Vodka, Lime Juice, and Ginger Beer).

Both were really good and a nice little break after walking round in the heat in our wedding outfits. We had no cheque to pay as a very kind anonymous person had paid our bill.

Abracadabar, Boardwalk

This place was a lot of fun, we sat at the bar chatting to the bartender who was a trained actor and could do all the different English accents including Yorkshire. We had a Seashore Sweets (Absolut Citron, Odwalla Lemonade, Cotton Candy Syrup)

Magic Mirror (Bacardi Rum, Soda Water, Mango Syrup, Sprite, Lime Juice)

and the bartender did a special off menu rum creation for Brett.

They were all really good and probably some of the better cocktailsat Disney. They don’t do the fancy tricks and show with the cocktails anymore though.

Before we left, the bartender brought us a cupcake and macaroons and wrote "tha happy couple" which was supposed to be said in my Yorkshire accent. I was saving myself for dinner so just had the macaron, Brett said the cake was amazing though, chocolate with a cream filling.

Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge

We arrived at Jiko and they were really excited to be hosting our wedding dinner. They brought us some African peppermint tea and hand towels and some bread.

We ordered cocktails, Mo-tea-to (Absolut/Moroccan Mint Tea Infusion, Soda, Lime Juice) for me

and Jungle Punch for Brett (Housemade Vanilla/Pineapple Vodka Infusion, Pineapple Juice, Pineapple Chipotle)

We decided to treat ourselves to appetisers of the Taste of Africa Bread Service

and Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin.

Both were absolutely delicious but with all the champagne and cake and bread we were getting full. The Boar was served pink and tasted like a cross between beef and venison, a strong flavoured meat. It came with Pap and Chakalaka again and was very similar to what we had at Boma. The bread was gorgeous, a mixture of naan and poppadum, and worked really well with the dips.

For entrees we had Cocoa-crusted Bison (Butternut Gopi, Glazed Root Vegetables, Whisky-poached Pears, Saffron Crema, Ghana Chocolate Demi-glace)

Mrouzia-style Moroccan Lamb Shank (Parsnip Silk, Root Spinach, Medjool Date Smoor, Pomegranate Glaze).

There was only a hint of cocoa on the bison so it wasn’t overpowering. The meat was really pink which I love but the edges were charred with the cocoa, the combination worked really well. I loved the Whisky pear too. Brett’s lamb was also pink and it was so tender it just fell apart when he cut it- it was seasoned really well with the hint of pomegranate. They were both absolutely divine but we had to get most of it boxed up to go.

We also declined dessert as we still had so much wedding cake left, which is a shame as Brett wanted to try Malva Pudding and Melktart icecream from back home. Our server insisted on us trying a little something and brought us a mint chocolate off menu plate of desserts. It was delicious.

I have no idea what the other cocktail I had was but I remember it was quite a strong fruity flavour with a hint of spices so I will take a lucky guess at Out of Africa (Cachaca, House made Mixed Berry Syrup, Lime Juice, Allspice).

We couldnt have asked for a more perfect wedding meal, it was delicious

2021- London

Old 8 Jun 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Looks amazing! Glad you had a fantastic day.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just caught up. Really enjoyed reading so far. Congratulations!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
Looks amazing! Glad you had a fantastic day.
Thank you very much

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Just caught up. Really enjoyed reading so far. Congratulations!
Thank you

2021- London

Old 8 Jun 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

What a wonderful wedding day 💝 thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
What a wonderful wedding day 💝 thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Thank you it was very special

2021- London

Old 9 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

DAY 4- Flame Tree Barbeque, Animal Kingdom

For lunch we shared the Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler (Smoked Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork served with Signature Baked Beans and Coleslaw)

and the Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Pulled Pork (Baked Macaroni and Cheese topped with Smoked Pulled Pork, Onion Rings and Coleslaw).

Mobile ordering is the best thing ever i don’t know why more people don’t use it. The food was really good and filled us up nicely. The pulled pork was made with a sweet BBQ sauce rather than tomato and the mac and cheese was really rich.

We had a Mandarin Orange Vodka Lemonade each to drink and this was really refreshing.

Nomad Lounge, Animal Kingdom
This place is amazing and was a really lovely calm space away from the madness of the park. Brett had a Libel Libation (rum, banana rum, guava and pineapple)

and I had a Hightower Rocks (tequila, watermelon and lime).

Both were really good and refreshing. We found the bars that had their own menu rather than the standard Disney one made the better cocktails. I don’t usually order tequila but I had it in quite a few cocktails on honeymoon.

Victoria and Alberts, Grand Floridian
The service here was second to none from the start. It is really slick and professional. The atmosphere is the perfect mix of calm and sophisticated. We were shown to our table and congratulated on our wedding. I was given a stool for my handbag and we were handed personalised menus.

They had asked us in advance if we had any dislikes but we decided to just trust them and have whatever they offered us. My only criticism would be that our table was in the middle and not the side. This is nothing to do with V&A, just my personal preference. We do fine dining quite a lot at home and i always feel like people are staring at us, I’m not sure if it is because we are young or have lots of tattoos but I often feel a bit uncomfortable in high end places so i like to be sat out of the way- we like nice food though so it doesn’t stop us going anywhere. There was an older couple behind us and I felt like they were watching us all evening but we had waited a long time for this experience so I didn’t let them bother us. We declined the wine pairing and were brought the cocktail menu on an Ipad. They were all in the range of $25-$30 each. I forgot to note what we had and I can’t find a menu anywhere online but Brett had a very fancy old-fashioned

and a creamy rum concoction

I had a blood orange champagne creation

and a gin based one with lavender foam.

We had three bread courses throughout the evening, each with a different butter and sea salt. There was a standard French roll with butter and Himalayan Sea Salt,

a Focaccia Olive Bread with olive butter

and a Herb Brioche Bread.

The olive bread was the best one by far but they were all delicious warm with the butter and salt melted into it.

The Amuse Bouche (Imperial Caviar with Ocean Kiss Oysters) was delicious, we have had caviar before and really enjoy it even though it is quite a strong flavour. We declined the $300 (!) caviar enhancement but the lady behind us had it and it looked beautiful. We have never tried oysters before but these weren’t served in the traditional way- they were tempura!

Seafood is our favourite so we were really looking forward to the fish courses. Maine Lobster, Saffron and Paprika Gremolata was served cold and it was really soft, not at all chewy like lobster can sometimes be.

Glacier 51 Toothfish and Alaskan Crab with French White Asparagus was beautiful, the fish just fell apart and the sauce complemented it really well.

We were also given another Amuse Bouche to cleanse the pallet between the fish and main courses which isn’t listed on the menu but it was a pasta filled with truffle served with foam cheese sauce. This was incredibly rich in flavour but probably one of our favourite courses.

Moving onto the meat and probably my favourite course of the night Poussin Ballotine with Gnocci and House Made Ricotta - it was full of flavour and really rich. We have chicken regularly at home but I am reluctant to order it in a restaurant as it is usually dry- this was the complete opposite, it was so juicy. Gnocci is another dish I find can be bland but this paired with the ricotta cheese was to die for.

The Lamb Loin with Dates and Garbanzo Bean Croquettes was cooked to perfection, I love my red meat to be as rare as possible and this was very pink. This was Brett’s favourite course of the evening.

Next was the Australian Kobe Beef with Bone Marrow. We debated adding the Miyazaki beef but stuck to the Kobe and it didn’t disappoint. It was a really strong flavour especially combined with the bone marrow. It was a decent sized piece too so we definitely didn’t need the extra meat. The potatoes were also really good, light and fluffy with a hint of salt.

We moved onto the cheese course. They no longer do a traditional cheese plate and instead it was a little cheese puff that had a cheese topping and cheese filling. The cheese they used was Mimolette. It was beautiful and I am not usually a fan of really strong cheese but I really enjoyed this. Brett also thought this was one of the best courses on the menu.

It was time for dessert and the menu came with two courses. White Peach Melba Parfait was tart and sweet- I love how fresh the fruit is in Florida.

The second dessert isn’t listed for some reason but from memory it was vanilla and meringue with a Brandy snap basket. Brett was hoping for chocolate dessert courses but they were both fruit based. They were absolutely delicious though and really sweet.

Brett had the coffee course, mainly to see the fancy machine and said it was really nice.

He also tried some of the chocolates and said they were to die for. I was in too much of a food coma to notice what he chose but I don’t think you can go wrong with home-made truffles.

After 3.5 hours, the evening was over and we were presented with our menus, Banana Bread from the Grand Floridian Bakery and a rose for me. It was a wonderful experience and the best way to start married life. I am glad we saved up the extra to be able to do this. It isn’t the cheapest thing to do but we love eating out so we always had the plan to do this. They put a lot of effort into coming up with flavours that work well together and complement each other. We have done tasting menus before so we know that the flavours are rich and intense but Victoria and Alberts was on another level. It is definitely worth trying as a special treat.

2021- London