Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 19 Jul 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosiew
Proud to wear my Ears

Running in orlando

Some of you may think I am crazy but two weeks after I comeback from Florida I am doing a half marathon so want to run a few times whilst on holiday. We are staying at all star sports and I have seen there is a running track. Can any one suggest any thing else or is this best for a keen runner. (Can’t believe I am actually saying this).
Many thanks
Lady who hates running on her own
Rosiew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ation/jogging/

Hi. Have a read of this.
Old 19 Jul 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

We're also runners and will be 12 weeks away from a marathon when we get home 😬 DH and I are hoping to get a few early runs done in Davenport, Miami and Universal. If it's not on Strava, it didn't happen 😂
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019

Edited at 11:07 PM. Reason: Typo
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My husband is crazier than you! We are going over in January and he’s signed up for the Dopey challenge. 4 races over 4 days - 5k, 10k, half marathon and the full marathon :0 he’s wiped out our first 5 days holiday.
I’m sure there’s a running trail over at Wilderness Lodge that goes over to the camp grounds
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

In Clermont there is a weekly 5km parkrun along the shore of Lake Minneola. They also have a 10 mile Clay Loop. Clermont styles itself as the 'Choice of Champions' as several Olympic athletes live/train there. You'll find details on the Clermont web sites.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I workout/run everyday on holiday. Haven’t stayed at All Stars but this says there’s a 1 mile jogging path allears/walt-disney-world...ails-and-tips/
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I think the resort running tracks would be best! If I don't remember wrongly most of the resorts including the All Stars do have running tracks... I've gone running at the one at Pop/AoA before and it was surprisingly fun to run through the resort - though you might need to choose the time of day wisely in Florida (can't imagine running outdoors in the midday heat if it's a hot day)!
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mouskevik View Post
If it's not on Strava, it didn't happen 😂
Glad it’s not just me that goes by that rule too
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

We normally do a few laps around the lake at SSR, best advice is get out early, it soon gets hot and very 'close' so we would head to the treadmill in the gym later in the day
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

What is Strava.

I was doing 10ks regularly in 2014 so decided to do a couple in Orlando even at 8am the humidity was a real killer my legs felt like logs...