Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Aug 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
You can't have chicken nuggets every day...

Currently on the QSDP for 8 nights then offsite in a villa. We're 2 adults, 1 14 year old and 2 of us can be quite fussy. We're regular visitors to Florida but tend to have split stays and don't always have dining. Chicken nuggets/tenders and fried chicken may feature a lot. We struggle to eat a lot and last time when we only had the qsdp for 3 days this is what we had left..

We travelled on Thursday 15th August Heathrow to Atlanta then Atlanta to Tampa. We had almost 5.5 hours in Atlanta as we had a long connection and then were delayed. Finally made it to CSR just gone midnight where we had about a 30 minute wait to check in.

Breakfast at Heathrow at the Curator which we all enjoyed. DH and I had Bacon rolls. DH had a flat white coffee which was the best he'd ever had and I had a lovely freshly squeezed orange juice.

DD had a kids mini breakfast and water.

Menu on Virgin flight

DD had the children's pasta which she enjoyed.

DH and I both had Chilli. DH ate all of his and said it was edible. I picked over it as I don't like kidney beans or sweetcorn but considering we don't usually eat the plane food it was ok.

They brought drinks round regularly. DH had a couple of beers and I had apple juice and squash. DD had water.

We skipped the afternoon tea. We did take dd's but she didn't eat it. DH ate the scone. Very strange sandwich fillings for a child's meal!

We all had Chick-fil-A at Atlanta. DD and I just had plain burgers and DH had a meal with waffle fries which we all shared. DH and I shared a Sprite and dd had water.

Edited at 08:21 PM.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Craig_ld
Earning More Ears

great start, will read along with interest , thanks for posting
Craig_ld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

We woke early on Friday 16th.
Breakfast was here

A lot of food will be eaten here as we didn't do parks the first few days and want lots of relaxing time onsite.

We picked up our refill mugs

DH had a Cinnamon roll and we got a grand fiesta breakfast which DD and I shared. We also got grapes, a packet of Lays and an apple juice for later with one qs credit.

2 qs credits used

Went to the outlets to the Disney character warehouse and got a few food bits for the room in Publix.

Lunch at El Mercado

DD had cheese pizza. She wasn't too bothered by it but I'm not sure she was that hungry. I had some and thought it was nice.

DH had burger and liked it.

I had chicken tenders and fries. It's only on the children's menu but it wasnt a problem asking for an adult portion.

We got these for later as we used our refill cups

3 QS credits used

DD had some peanut butter wraps in the room for tea.
I had some cake from Publix as I have to eat Publix Vanilla cake every visit (it reminds me of the cake we had for our Wedding at Cypress Grove) - it was yummy!

Finally DH and I shared these Nachos and DH had a beer before we went up to the viewing balcony in Gran Destino for the fireworks at Epcot.

TOTAL
6 QS USED 42 REMAINING
0 SNACKS USED 48 REMAINING
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Saturday 17th we stayed on resort for the morning and went to the quiet pool. We had some of the fruit we got the day before for breakfast in the room.
Lunch was at El Mercado. DD and I had pasta with marinara sauce and breadsticks and DH had another burger. We had parmesan in a pot on the side as we weren't sure we wanted it all over.

Not sure whether we took a pic of the burger but I think it was pretty much the same as yesterday! We had 3 buds with these, 2 of which we took back for the fridge as we ordered the meals individually whilst dd sat down. Neither DH or myself were asked for ID. Not sure if that means we look old. 😂

3 QS credits used

Went to the dig site pool in the afternoon and DD made a tie dye tshirt - cant even go to the pool at Disney now without them trying to get your money! She enjoyed this but it was $18

Our evening meal was at Wolfgang Puck Express. We've eaten there before and like it. DH and I had the meatloaf. DD had chicken tenders and fries which she said were nicer than Disney chicken tenders. I had a sprite, DD water and DH a bottle of Yuengling.

3 QS used

I then got 2 bags of sweets for me at Goofy's Candy Co. DD doesn't like sweets and most chocolate so we might struggle to spend any leftover snack credits on her.

2 Snacks used

TOTAL
6 QS USED 36 REMAINING
2 SNACK CREDITS USED 46 REMAINING
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Looks great so far! We are at CSR with the dining plan next month so will be watching with interest. 😊
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great start to your food report.

I do love the meatloaf at Wolfgang Puck Express.

Thanks for posting.
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great start although I had to force myself away from the photo of lovely packets of mountain mix
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 09:21 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Loving your food trip report. x
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Craig_ld View Post
great start, will read along with interest , thanks for posting
Thanks
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Looks great so far! We are at CSR with the dining plan next month so will be watching with interest. 😊
Thanks. CSR is a beautiful resort.