Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Aug 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wappum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are also on the 3 day cruise on Friday - and due to fly to New York on Monday for our flight home on Tuesday evening
I’m currently not panicking as I’ve been over here many times where storms and hurricanes have been predicted and then the course changes/storm decreases in strength so I’ll keep an eye on it and wait for Disney to get in touch (or not).
Wappum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
drgonz0
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We are due to sail out on the fantasy on Saturday 7 nights western Caribbean! Our Facebook group chat has me all panicked every 2-3 hours someone is posting about Dorian and each time it is something different it has got me extremely stressed 😥. We fly out tomorrow and staying at Port Orleans for 2 nights just going to hope for the best and I have my credit card to hand if needs be to make alternative arrangements. Thank goodness I took out insurance for natural disasters
drgonz0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by drgonz0 View Post
We are due to sail out on the fantasy on Saturday 7 nights western Caribbean! Our Facebook group chat has me all panicked every 2-3 hours someone is posting about Dorian and each time it is something different it has got me extremely stressed 😥. We fly out tomorrow and staying at Port Orleans for 2 nights just going to hope for the best and I have my credit card to hand if needs be to make alternative arrangements. Thank goodness I took out insurance for natural disasters
We’re on Fantasy now, no updates onboard yet but I think it’s looking unlikely that we’ll make it to Castaway. I think they’ll delay telling us as people will be disappointed.

Personally I’d rather they took us away from the area for a sea day. I doubt there’s anywhere close enough to stop for the day as we’re due back in Orlando the next morning. If they can get us somewhere dry so people can be spread out onboard rather than everyone being stuck inside with rain would be a great solution.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
drgonz0
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re on Fantasy now, no updates onboard yet but I think it’s looking unlikely that we’ll make it to Castaway. I think they’ll delay telling us as people will be disappointed.

Personally I’d rather they took us away from the area for a sea day. I doubt there’s anywhere close enough to stop for the day as we’re due back in Orlando the next morning. If they can get us somewhere dry so people can be spread out onboard rather than everyone being stuck inside with rain would be a great solution.
That is a shame about castaway cay. How has it been on the seas for you? Where have you ended up going port wise and weather wise? Disney have said at the moment there are no changes to the itinerary for us but each time I look at the reports on the storm it does not look great. Even if we get out of Port Canaveral i am worried about the motion of the boat.
drgonz0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

That is a shame about castaway cay. How has it been on the seas for you? Where have you ended up going port wise and weather wise? Disney have said at the moment there are no changes to the itinerary for us but each time I look at the reports on the storm it does not look great. Even if we get out of Port Canaveral i am worried about the motion of the boat.
We turned away from the storm on Monday, changing Tortola and St Thomas for Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The ports are very busy with ships, presumably those scheduled and those that have had to change.

Weather has been glorious and the seas calm.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Mobile

As Wappun said, this happens a lot and then people go into panic mode and sometime too much information about a situation that is unpredictable so far out is a bad thing. We’re here now, we fly back on Monday, so we will have to deal with the situation If it happens. It may be better for your mental health to leave the chat you’re in, as you’ll all be focusing on the worst case scenario when actually it’ll most likely be fine.

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow quite a few of you on the 3 nighter, we are due to board on Monday as you leave! We fly in with BA on Sunday and are now in that limbo of 'will the flight go' - if it doesn't we miss the cruise and that's if the ship actually sails. So for us it's a waiting game for both flight and cruise.
I honestly think fate is against us this trip - we've dodged the bullet of the BA strike, had a massive health scare with our adult DD this week and now this.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Wow quite a few of you on the 3 nighter, we are due to board on Monday as you leave! We fly in with BA on Sunday and are now in that limbo of 'will the flight go' - if it doesn't we miss the cruise and that's if the ship actually sails. So for us it's a waiting game for both flight and cruise.
I honestly think fate is against us this trip - we've dodged the bullet of the BA strike, had a massive health scare with our adult DD this week and now this.
I asked to see if people had any experience of this and the sort of timescales for decisions from disney, it is nice to see that we may be sharing our cruise with other dibbers! Our TA got back to say she is expecting disney to decide what they are going to do after the 5pm local NHC updates. Friday and even saturday are not at issue if they re-route, it will be coming back on Monday due to that being the day the hurricane is due to make land. Based on current estimates it may land anywhere from Miami to Georgia so getting out not an issue - getting back in 3 days is! Hopefully your flight will make it as it sounds like you are due a relaxing break!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We had our cruise cancelled due to Irma and we were told at the time it’s very rare to cancel a cruise. Usually they will modify a cruise to keep away from any bad weather as cancelling is very expensive for cruise lines.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wappum View Post
We are also on the 3 day cruise on Friday - and due to fly to New York on Monday for our flight home on Tuesday evening
I’m currently not panicking as I’ve been over here many times where storms and hurricanes have been predicted and then the course changes/storm decreases in strength so I’ll keep an eye on it and wait for Disney to get in touch (or not).
Sounds like we all have our fingers crossed, who knows - if the storm turns we may end up being sailing buddies after all!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List