Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

For people who paid using a Debit Card...

... how do we go about getting our refunds?

Our holiday was booked for August 2020 and we'd paid about half of it.

I got a bit confused and though I had paid by Direct Debit
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

if you’ve paid via direct debit for a package holiday and your flights were with thomas cook, you’ll be automatically refunded, otherwise you’ll need to put a claim in on the 7th.

if it was a flight only booking, you can try a charge back but i’m not sure how successful those are on debit card
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

You need to contact your bank to see if they will raise a chargeback. There is no legal obligation for them to do so.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
You need to contact your bank to see if they will raise a chargeback. There is no legal obligation for them to do so.
I'd have thought they'd simply direct you to the claims form releasing on monday 7th October on thomascook.caa.co.uk.

They aren't going to give you the easy way if they can fob off the responsibility onto another party.

OP, I paid via Debit card and will be putting in a claim on monday. Apparently the form will be simple, so we'll see what that means. I have already taken some screenshots of my online banking showing the payment to thomas cook, and downloaded all relevant email attachments - including the one with the atol certificate.

I'd suggest you do the same before monday just in case they need all this info.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
simdon
Earning More Ears

flight only are not covered by ATOL package holidays are. if flight only Go into your bank and see someone to make a charge back claim ive done this with my bank Natwest Was tyold i would be contacted between 7 and 10 days from application recieved a text yesterday saying that the would now be in touch by the 14 of oct . If package holiday claim via ATOL

Edited at 12:53 PM.
simdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Mobile

I called my banks disputes line and they refunded immediately .this was on the Monday after Thomas cook went bust .my card was a debit card with Halifax .
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CRUELLA View Post
I called my banks disputes line and they refunded immediately .this was on the Monday after Thomas cook went bust .my card was a debit card with Halifax .
I wish they'd be consistent.
Rang on Monday, was told to ring back, did that on the Friday and they've now raised a dispute but it could be up to 45 days before I get a decision. In fairness the adviser doesn't think it will be rejected, but I can't take that as a guarantee...
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Zacknkeirasmum
Dancing with Tink'

Oh I am so confused with all of this. We booked a package and were paying direct debt, that's not a problem, I understand that will be refunded automatically soon. We also used a debit card to pay to upgrade the flights. What will happen with that debit card payment? xx

Zacknkeirasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hotlush View Post
I wish they'd be consistent.
Rang on Monday, was told to ring back, did that on the Friday and they've now raised a dispute but it could be up to 45 days before I get a decision. In fairness the adviser doesn't think it will be rejected, but I can't take that as a guarantee...
It’s odd isn’t it ! I did wonder if it was because I called straight away on the Monday maybe before they were inundated 🤷 We did book the flights only a week or two (May) before it became common knowledge they were in deep trouble. so I don’t know if this is connected or not but the guy on the line said something about our money being o temporary hold (I don’t remember the exact terminology) so they had it to give us back.he did also say that he was loving his job that morning as he was able to give everyone good news .
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Zacknkeirasmum View Post
Oh I am so confused with all of this. We booked a package and were paying direct debt, that's not a problem, I understand that will be refunded automatically soon. We also used a debit card to pay to upgrade the flights. What will happen with that debit card payment? xx
That should be a chargeback through your bank
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List