Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Oct 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

NYE with a 5yo

Hi

We're not doing Disney or Universal this trip as this is a bonus trip. We were there 3 weeks this summer and 3 weeks next summer already booked but this cheeky 10 nighter was too good a deal to pass by!

So, my question! Has anybody any ideas for NYE with a 5yo outside of the parks? Legoland is looking like an option as I like the idea of a kid friendly firework time as our 5yo won't be able to stay awake. Does anybody know if it's a separate ticketed event or does just a normal day ticket do?

If anybody has any other ideas for NYE with a 5yo outside of the parks, they will be very welcomed!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

NYE in Legoland was one our fav things ever,it was included in the regular ticket but we stayed overnight in the Lego bungalows at the Beach Retreat,our Grandson was 6 and it was the thing he loved most.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Thanks Scotsmomma, I read one of your posts about you doing this so I'm glad you replied. What were the wait times like? I can't find out much about it as it doesn't seem to be on the website yet. We usually visit Legoland each year in the summer and its usually a pretty chilled day with little wait times etc. Did you need to arrive really early to make sure you got in?
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmabrown68 View Post
Thanks Scotsmomma, I read one of your posts about you doing this so I'm glad you replied. What were the wait times like? I can't find out much about it as it doesn't seem to be on the website yet. We usually visit Legoland each year in the summer and its usually a pretty chilled day with little wait times etc. Did you need to arrive really early to make sure you got in?
I don't think we went into the park till early evening as we'd spent the afternoon at the Beach Retreat pool,we didn't really bother with the rides then and just headed to the stadium where the fireworks were going to be,I don't think the park seemed overly busy to be honest.
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I don't think we went into the park till early evening as we'd spent the afternoon at the Beach Retreat pool,we didn't really bother with the rides then and just headed to the stadium where the fireworks were going to be,I don't think the park seemed overly busy to be honest.
Great, thanks! Did you book direct with Legoland for the Beach Retreat?
Old 25 Oct 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by emmabrown68 View Post
Great, thanks! Did you book direct with Legoland for the Beach Retreat?
Yes,we did,we had two adjoining bungalows,our Grandson thought we were just going to have a look at them,he was sooo excited when I gave him a key and he realised we were staying.

Edited at 08:22 PM.