Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Nov 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Fast Pass / Express Pass 2020

Hi all

Do any experts / veterans expect Hagrid at Universal and the Star Wars rides at HS to be added to the Fast Pass / Express Pass system for summer 2020?

I know when we went in 2016 Kong wasn't on EP, but the following year it was, so hoping that this years new rides will be added on for our trip next year!
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Not an expert, but I think there's a good chance the Star Wars rides will be on the fastpass system by summer 2020. Not sure about Hagrid's though. I think that might happen later in the year after the busy summer period.

These are complete guesses though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

thanks!
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida White
Excited about Disney

I don’t think there’s any way that Hagrid will be on it for a few years it was quite a number of years before Forbidden Journey went on the system. The ride would need to have a substantially shorter line so not to exasperate an already long wait and as the must do attraction it will be quite a while. In the other hand Star Wars Galaxy Edge the millennium falcon ride hangs around 55 minutes most days so could be added easily and is more likely without negative impact especially when rise of the Resistance opens in December.

Edited at 02:14 AM.
Florida White is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I would think not. I think ROTR and SR in HS will end up on a tier system like FOP and Navi did after the summer of 2020. If bookings and DVC availability are any indication I would say all of Galaxy’s edge will be very busy once the second ride opens. So based on the levels when we went in Sept I think a lot of people are waiting to visit when that ride opens.

Edited at 09:47 AM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Unless Disney and Universal say, no-one knows. Everyone on here is just a normal punter like you.

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Almost certainly both added at some point but no one knows when
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I would have thought that Disney would add Star Wars ones after a few months like they did with previous lands. I think they normally follow that pattern and I’m hoping they will have a fastpass for the Star Wars ones too for May but then again I’m also holding out hope for minnies runaway thingy and the ratatouille in Epcot by May. Highly unlikely but gotta keep hoping.

Universal I ent got a clue. Last time I went was 2007 and I don’t think they had express pass back then.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'm here right now and was surprised that the Millennium Falcon ride wasn't doing FPs for the moment! As Flight of Passage had FPs either from the very beginning or very early on, and I believe Slinky Dog Dash was also the same - these being the other "must do" new rides in the last couple of years in WDW.

Regarding Hagrid's - I think the comparable examples would be Forbidden Journey and Gringott's, as both of these are Harry Potter rides and were both the "must do" rides with the rope drop rush when they opened. If I have my dates right, Forbidden Journey opened in 2010 and Gringott's opened in 2014, but both only received Express Pass access in 2017. So there is a good chance that there might be a long while before Hagrid's receives Express Pass access...