Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 13 Nov 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

This year we are spending a max of about £15 each on the 4 of us, all adults, as we are saving the rest for our Feb Disney trip. We spend less and less each year, we don't buy for our parents for various reasons and if we really want something during the year we usually just buy it. As to food we only buy for Christmas day as every one except our eldest is usually working over the Christmas holiday period.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We give (or spend) about £60 each on the kids (4 of them) then £20 each on the grandchildren (10) plus bits each maybe £500 in total on them...
DH and I said we weren’t buying each other this year but have spent about £100 each on “not Christmas” pressies... no I don’t understand that either...
Then advent calendars (£100), including the dogs, and then food, chocolate and sundries... I tend to over buy massively but nothing goes to waste...as a guess £250... I put a big buffet on for New Year’s Eve but there’s 18+ of us... and probably another £70 on booze... and more extra bits for the grandchildren...
So about £1200 in total... sounds a lot when it’s added up but we all really enjoy Christmas and don’t get into debt over it and don’t have an extravagant lifestyle... shop at Lidl, rarely have takeaways, cook from scratch, no expensive holidays etc so don’t mind the once a year extravagance..
Happy Christmas everybody...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our two are now 23 and 21. We have always spent the same amount on them and they have the same number of parcels to open. The past few years we have spent about £600 each but this year we are aiming for £500 each. Bought my son 2 tickets for Gerry Cinnamon this morning and that was £109 alone.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Too Much..

Hubby - so far this year is at £347.20
Mum and Stepdad - circa £50
Mum and Dad (in laws) - circa - £80
Nieces and Nephews x 8 - £25 each - £200 total
Brothers and Sisters x 3 - £5 each - £15 total
New Neighbours x 4 - £5 each - Total £20 total

Decorations - I actually have no idea but in excess of £200 (new home so wanted some bits we couldn't have had before but all reusable so more of an investment).

Food - Will be approx £150 for the whole Christmas and New Year period so no more than a normal 2 weeks shops for us.

So at the moment just over £1k!

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We only buy for our children and my mum.
I spend about 70 on my mum.
We have 3 children and it totally depends on what they want or need as to how much we spend. I won’t buy something or the sake of buying something and I don’t always spend the same amount on each child.
For example; my youngest is 6 and his presents are all pretty cheap but my 16 year old daughters gifts are a lot smaller but a lot more expensive.
We save all year so there is no financial burden at Christmas and we do spoil them but they do not get any gifts from anyone else apart from my mum. So I do them all a good size pile each (last year I put my daughters little presents in big boxes lol)
So anything from £200 - £500 each. That sounds a lot but it includes a new winter coat, dressing gown, pj’s, shoes/trainers (so things I would be buying anyway but they are wrapped up)
My daughter is having a new phone on contract so if you add the monthly costs up plus her other gifts it will be well over that amount. But there is no set amount as long as I don’t go over my overall budget.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We only buy for our children and my mum.
I spend about 70 on my mum.
We have 3 children and it totally depends on what they want or need as to how much we spend. I won’t buy something or the sake of buying something and I don’t always spend the same amount on each child.
For example; my youngest is 6 and his presents are all pretty cheap but my 16 year old daughters gifts are a lot smaller but a lot more expensive.
We save all year so there is no financial burden at Christmas and we do spoil them but they do not get any gifts from anyone else apart from my mum. So I do them all a good size pile each (last year I put my daughters little presents in big boxes lol)
So anything from £200 - £500 each. That sounds a lot but it includes a new winter coat, dressing gown, pj’s, shoes/trainers (so things I would be buying anyway but they are wrapped up)
My daughter is having a new phone on contract so if you add the monthly costs up plus her other gifts it will be well over that amount. But there is no set amount as long as I don’t go over my overall budget.
Forgot to add, I don’t buy new decorations every year, might buy the odd Christmas tree dec so around £20 at the most
I don’t do Christmas dinner, that’s at my mums so no expenses there.
This year it’s my turn to host Boxing Day (my sister and I take turns) so that will be about £100
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have 4 children one of which is married with children of her own so we usually spend £200 between the 4 of them.
Then we have 3 children still at home 18,13 and 6 the 6 year old has had £120 however the older 2 significantly more 😳
But the presents include items I would have to buy anyway clothes coats trainers etc and we buy very little throughout the year. We don’t spend much on food though as we’ve learnt over the years it just gets wasted shops only close for a day and I’ll be working Xmas day a 13 hr day so won’t be even eating Xmas dinner this year. Overall we probably spend £1500 on Xmas which I don’t think is so bad but we don’t have extended family to buy for it’s just us and my dad 😀
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Roughly £50 on son and partner each but a bit more this year as he is having a 1 day park ticket for when he joins us. DH and I don't buy each other gifs preferring to spend the money on days out/overnighters whilst in Orlando. Wrapping paper and cards I bought in Barnes and Noble in their sale for $10 and decorations are recycled yearly! The only extra is £35 each for a 5 course but buffet style meal on Christmas Day in the pub next door. The rest of the week is normal food, I really don't need all the extras. So about £250 all told.
Old 13 Nov 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We have 3 adult children, the older two live away from home and have around £150 each. Our younger child is in university so still at home (non term time) so she gets more, although it will be less this year than when she was permanently living at home. DH and I spend around £50 each on a few bits just to have something to open on the day. We don’t have a large family or friend group so spend less than £100 on other gifts

We do overspend on food and drink as we have the middle son and his fiancée here for 2-3 days plus our youngest is here too. I’m not sure how much we spent on food and drink but that is our biggest expense
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We don’t have kids,but have 7 nephews and 1 niece. I think we like to spoil them. We will spend about £65 each on them. Then maybe the same on our parents each. For each other it can vary but will be about £500 between us this year as we have a little bit more to spare. I know we can get what we want anytime but I do love a gift to open on Christmas morning. Many, many years we haven’t been able to afford anything near this on each other.
As for food, maybe about £200 as we do dinner at my parents. That’s quite a lot to spend but we did cut out the adults apart from parents a few years ago so that saved a fortune.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List