Notices

View Poll Results: Disney or Universal theme parks?
Disney 270 56.02%
Universal 212 43.98%
Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Oct 14, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Last time we went never went to unerversal, the reason disney staff friendly and helpful, Unerversal staff miserable and unhelpful.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 14, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Disney hands down. There is so much to see and do, so much history and so many little gems that we have yet to find. Haven't visited US/IOA for 6 years and have not thought about going back!
WDW Onsite - May 09 (Honeymoon) - May 12 - Feb 14
Offsite hotels around Orlando - May 91, Mar 00, Mar 02, Apr 05, June 06
Jezzerinos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by yawny View Post
I've even suggested we return to florida and miss out disney to save money and just do universal. The way my wife looked at me im suprised im not dead
Haha i said the same she said we gotta do wdw would of saved £500
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 15, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
dolphinlou
Imagineer

Our teens prefer universal so we're giving Disney a miss this time.
dolphinlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 15, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

We went in Oct 13 we did disney and universal.
I have to say Disney was over crowded my son as autism, hated every minute, we experienced none of the magic people talked about, apart from one lovely CM at animal kingdom, no one else seemed interested when my son melted down due to people pushing and shoving. One cm actually told us to keep him quiet. I felt disney are all about the money.
Universal on the other hand where lovely always offering to help etc.
This year we are stopping onsite at universal can't wait.
I apologise to all you disney fans I know there's a lot of you out there, we just didn't get the Disney Magic

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Disney for us with kids aged 2 and 5 last time and 4 and 7 this time. We also did seaworld and this time plan to do aquatica too.

They don't do big rides and don't know character such as Simpsons, dr Seuss, Harry potter etc. only marvel so universal doesn't seem worth it yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 15, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
We love Universal but apart from one night, we always stay at Disney. Its the ambiance of the place. We love all the extra things that are at Disney, that have nothing to do with the parks.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Letterhead
Serious Dibber

Letterhead's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I prefer WDW to UOR, however looking at the parks objectively, Universal is in a better place at the moment. There's too many problems with the current state of the WDW parks:
MK - Lack of dining options, although if the rumours are true, this will soon be rectified.
Epcot - unused space is the main problem here. Futureworld needs another big D or E ticket attraction, and the world showcase could do with another ride, ideally in a new pavilion.
AK - I think once Avatar and the night show opens this will be a really good park, although once again, some dining options wouldn't go amiss.
DHS - where to start? The removal of the hat is good, and it would be great if they could expand the Hollywood theme. However this place needs 4/5 new attractions, all of which need to be high quality. It could also do with better CS locations.

Over at UOR there is very little work needed to the parks. As they are adjoined to Citywalk dining options are a plenty, there are always lots of new rides, and they are catching up with WDW when it comes to theming based on Springfield and WWOHP. My only complaint about Universal is the merch isn't as good.
Letterhead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

A few years back i would have said Disney hands down, but in recent years Universal seem to have really upped their game so now i look forward to the Universal parks more.. we are just 2 adults so maybe its that they are a little more grown up (still love Disney tho!)
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

So far have only done Disney, however this year we're also going to IOA/Universal so maybe I'd vote differently after that.