tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lets runDisneyLP

Intro:
Well I always start a pre trippie and never get around to completing a trip report (always set out with good intentions though) Well I’ve vowed for this trip that a trip report will be completed for this trip along with a 5k and a 10k of DLP.

I’m Michelle, planner, nurse by day and recently started running. Lover of all things Disney and owner of all Classics on DVD
Himself, C, engineer, lover of Disney by association and cheerleader for the weekend

How this trip came about:
Back many moons ago when we were planning our wedding in Orlando I became friendly with some other brides from here on the Dibb who were also planning their happily ever afters (hello ladies!) Over the years we’ve become friendly and last September I was lucky to finally meet some of these lovely ladies in London. We’ve all stayed in touch and they’re a great support network. After the 2017 runDLP event we got talking about wanting to head to Paris to partake. Well the seed has been well and truly planted and a number of us have signed up to participate.
Myself and himself (as a couple) have never gone right out of Ireland to Disney always left so Disneyland Paris is going to be an experience for me! Himself was in DLP a long time ago.

Plans:
We’re flying with our trusty national airline Aer Lingus. We tossed between the red eye flight out of Dublin but sense took over and we’re heading out on the 9.40 flight to CDG – just a slightly longer lie in. We’ll probably head to the AerLingus lounge for a light breakfast before our flight and to chill. All going to plan we should arrive in CDG at 12.30. Quick transfer on the TGV and we’ll be hopefully checking into our hotel by early afternoon.
As it’s just the two of us we’ve booked to stay at the Santa Fe hotel. Basic hotel and to be honest we don’t plan to spend a lot of time in the room. We’ve booked to stay here for 4 nights so plenty of park time. Our flight home on the Monday is the last AerLingus flight from CDG to Dublin so we’ve essentially a full day on our last day. We tossed with purchasing the dining plan while in DLP but on talking to the more experience DLP travellers decided against it. We plan to eat a bit in the village and probably grab breakfasts in Starbucks

runDLP:
Now for the torture about to happen while in DLP. Who am I kidding it’ll be great fun and a fantastic experience I keep telling myself. Since 2015 I started on my own Slimming World journey. While food has been great and I’ve lost a significant amount of weight I thought about starting to move more and started running (slowly but surely getting there) What better way to stay motivated than signing up for a runDisney event. At the moment I’ll definitely be partaking in the 5K and 10K event. I’m not quite brave enough to run the half marathon yet. The 5K takes place on the Friday evening and the 10K on the Saturday morning so still time to hit the parks. We’ll more than likely head to the race expo on the Thursday afternoon to pick up race number etc.

Well I think that’s all for now. We’ve still got our train tickets to book – not possible till 3 months before our travel dates. Seats are booked on our flights. Now I’ve just got to get my Disney wardrobe together and design some tshirts for running in.
TTFN

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
Intro:
Well I always start a pre trippie and never get around to completing a trip report (always set out with good intentions though) Well I’ve vowed for this trip that a trip report will be completed for this trip along with a 5k and a 10k of DLP.

I’m Michelle, planner, nurse by day and recently started running. Lover of all things Disney and owner of all Classics on DVD
Himself, C, engineer, lover of Disney by association and cheerleader for the weekend

How this trip came about:
Back many moons ago when we were planning our wedding in Orlando I became friendly with some other brides from here on the Dibb who were also planning their happily ever afters (hello ladies!) Over the years we’ve become friendly and last September I was lucky to finally meet some of these lovely ladies in London. We’ve all stayed in touch and they’re a great support network. After the 2017 runDLP event we got talking about wanting to head to Paris to partake. Well the seed has been well and truly planted and a number of us have signed up to participate.
Myself and himself (as a couple) have never gone right out of Ireland to Disney always left so Disneyland Paris is going to be an experience for me! Himself was in DLP a long time ago.

Plans:
We’re flying with our trusty national airline Aer Lingus. We tossed between the red eye flight out of Dublin but sense took over and we’re heading out on the 9.40 flight to CDG – just a slightly longer lie in. We’ll probably head to the AerLingus lounge for a light breakfast before our flight and to chill. All going to plan we should arrive in CDG at 12.30. Quick transfer on the TGV and we’ll be hopefully checking into our hotel by early afternoon.
As it’s just the two of us we’ve booked to stay at the Santa Fe hotel. Basic hotel and to be honest we don’t plan to spend a lot of time in the room. We’ve booked to stay here for 4 nights so plenty of park time. Our flight home on the Monday is the last AerLingus flight from CDG to Dublin so we’ve essentially a full day on our last day. We tossed with purchasing the dining plan while in DLP but on talking to the more experience DLP travellers decided against it. We plan to eat a bit in the village and probably grab breakfasts in Starbucks

runDLP:
Now for the torture about to happen while in DLP. Who am I kidding it’ll be great fun and a fantastic experience I keep telling myself. Since 2015 I started on my own Slimming World journey. While food has been great and I’ve lost a significant amount of weight I thought about starting to move more and started running (slowly but surely getting there) What better way to stay motivated than signing up for a runDisney event. At the moment I’ll definitely be partaking in the 5K and 10K event. I’m not quite brave enough to run the half marathon yet. The 5K takes place on the Friday evening and the 10K on the Saturday morning so still time to hit the parks. We’ll more than likely head to the race expo on the Thursday afternoon to pick up race number etc.

Well I think that’s all for now. We’ve still got our train tickets to book – not possible till 3 months before our travel dates. Seats are booked on our flights. Now I’ve just got to get my Disney wardrobe together and design some tshirts for running in.
TTFN

Fantastic, is this the September 2018 race? I'm hoping to partake in that with my daughters and a friend but am currently sporting a shattered ankle and shin bone so will hold off signing up just now! Is registration open now please?
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pink glitter View Post
Fantastic, is this the September 2018 race? I'm hoping to partake in that with my daughters and a friend but am currently sporting a shattered ankle and shin bone so will hold off signing up just now! Is registration open now please?
Yep this is for the 2018 race. Bib and stay packages can be booked now. Bib only should open in summer time. We booked our hotel package already so going to tag bib on in the next week or so

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List