Notices

Old 17 Oct 19, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Florida 2019 - it‘s here at last - Day 3

Typhoon Lagoon was planned for this morning. I was awake at 5.30 am, but felt fresh as a daisy, so sat out on the balcony and updated my trippie. It was so peaceful out there.

Around 8.00 I woke the boys and we got ourselves organised to meet the others in the lobby at 9.00.

We headed for the bus which came within minutes and by 9.20 we were getting off. We had the bus to ourselves.

We joined the queue and waited. At 9.30 they let us in so far and we waited again. We'd decided to set up camp at Ketchidee Creek. So headed there and the big ones went off to play whilst gran and papa kept Lilly amused (mostly papa to be fair).

I lay in the sun and chilled and started today's entry.

The rides were all done by 11.30. We had some food from Leaning Palms while Lilly went with her mum and dad to try some big rides. By 1.00 pm we were ready to go, we'd originally set a leaving time of 12.30, which with hindsight we should've stuck to. There were no photographers at the waterpark, is this new? I wasn't sure. We left the park and then waited about 30 minutes for a bus back to the Beach Club. So were back on the room for around 2.00pm planning to be back out for 2.30pm to head to Disney Springs and T-Rex for dinner at 3.15 pm before heading to Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP.

We met on time and headed out to discover that the next bus was not till 3.12! Another ADR we were going to be late for, of only we'd left Typhoon Lagoon when planned. The bus came at around 3.00, so we were on track to not be too late. We eventually got off and head to the restaurant, arriving around 10 minutes late. Not bad considering.

T-Rex gets some mixed reviews by Dibbers, however, my lot liked it, from the theming to the service to the food, it was all good.

Now it was time for our first visit of the holiday to the Magic Kingdom. We got the bus to the Contemporary Resort and walked to MK doing bag check on the way. We had a fastpass for Haunted Mansion which closed at 6.00 pm, so it was a quick march through Main Street after getting our wristbands, and we got there at 5.55 pm!

After this it was back to the start to collect our candy bags and our first candies. Ben was desperate to meet Jack and Sally so left is to go queue for that. We foolishly headed to Guest Services to ask about a pass for Tyler to get into the Disabled section for the parade, only to be told he/we were already on the system. So then it was photo time. We got lots of photopasses taken. Then headed to Pirates of the Caribbean day as it has a 15 minute wait, which turned out to be much less.

A couple of treat stations were next up before heading to the Hub to grab a spot for the Parade.

Ben waited around 2 hours for Jack and Sally but retuned a happy boy. He checked the wait time for Space Mountain and decided to leg it over there himself between the parade and the fireworks.

The kids have been brilliantly behaved so far, but there has been so much walking and queuing in the first few days and the temperatures have been high, that they were exhausted. They stayed for the fireworks but after that they left. I, selfishly wasn't quite ready to call it a night so, me, Stevie and Ben waited on and hit every treat station we could find. Eventually even I had to concede to sore feet and of course we wanted to be out before the mass exit after the next parade so by 11.30 we headed out and managed to run to squeeze on to the bus back to the hotel.

We got in and assessed the Candy we'd acquired, quite a haul between the 3 of us.

My haul of candy

Stevie's haul

Ben's haul

Would I do the Halloween Party again, no I wouldn't, it's not worth the added cost on top of what you already pay for Park entry. Am I glad we did it, yes I enjoyed the experience, much better than MVMCP. The parade was good and the fireworks absolutely amazing, but still not worth the money for me.

Another early start tomorrow as we're off to Animal Kingdom.

Old 17 Oct 19, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 17 Oct 19 3:44 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good but busy day

Joan