Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 11 Nov 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

The Morning Show - new appletvplus show with aniston/witherspoon

watched the first 4 episodes of this over the weekend and really enjoying it so far...

steve carell and jennifer aniston are morning show hosts. steve gets me-too'ed. reese witherspoon takes over

if you like aaron sorkin stuff like studio 60 on the sunset strip or the newsrom (or the west wing) then this is the show for you!

Edited at 10:08 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Most reviews I have read have said is not that good... and unless Apple ups their game then the tv service won't last long... I haven't watched it, and have no interest in getting Apple TV, so cannot say if those reviews are valid or not but when you get several saying the same thing then as the saying goes no smoke without fire..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

well, i'm 4 episodes in, and really enjoying it so far...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I saw that I got a years free Apple TV with my phone. I did think about starting the trial to watch it on the plane but I haven’t done it yet.

I thought it was a film. How many episodes are there?
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

its a weekly thing, they dropped the first three episodes on appletvplus launch day (nov 1st) and now its 1 a week

On November 8, 2017, it was announced that Apple had given the production a series order consisting of two seasons of ten episodes apiece
Old 3 Sep 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just watched the first 5 episodes tonight. It’s more serious than I expected with some great bits of comedy thrown in. My husband said it’s much better than he expected it to be.
I’m looking forward to finishing the series to see how it gets wrapped up.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MissDior
Earning More Ears

I loved it. Series 2 is due to start this month too.
MissDior is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

I watched it via a streaming service a few months ago. I’m enjoyed it and looking forward to season 2
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

first episode of season 2 came out on appletv last week, and it was great!
Old 29 Nov 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

still really enjoying s2, so hopefully it'll get renewed for at least another season...

the mitch storyline took a sad turn, i was hoping it would involve some sort of forgiveness/redemption arc after paola's interview. also, with covid just kicking in, is anybody gonna die of it?! i hope its not chip! will aniston be making an exit perhaps? it could go either way at the moment!