Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Nov 19, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
No definitely not a refurbed room, didn't realise until we walked in. TBH, it was clean and everything was working but the damp smell was overpowering. Tom it was a ground floor room at the side very near 'a bandstand' - furthest away from the walkway to Disney Springs.

We do have another booking for April next year, however it's not preferred. I was assured that notes would be put on my booking to make sure we had the best room possible. We'll see

I was also told that refurbishment was definitely being done on The Springs next.

Jill
Jill. Ahh thought it must have been Block 4. Not good enough to mix Guests and construction.
I wonder if the damp smell was caused by leaks in the bit they are working on? I lay odds it is.

It does seem logical the Springs is next as it's Preferred whereas the Contractors would prefer the Paddocks in my view.

I have about 30 photos on the phone which I will post in 2 weeks. I give the renovated rooms 99 out of 100. I could snag the room we currently have in 40 mins flat.

We showed Talland 2016 around it the other evening and I know she was impressed.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Jill. Ahh thought it must have been Block 4. Not good enough to mix Guests and construction.
I wonder if the damp smell was caused by leaks in the bit they are working on? I lay odds it is.

It does seem logical the Springs is next as it's Preferred whereas the Contractors would prefer the Paddocks in my view.

I have about 30 photos on the phone which I will post in 2 weeks. I give the renovated rooms 99 out of 100. I could snag the room we currently have in 40 mins flat.

We showed Talland 2016 around it the other evening and I know she was impressed.
Yep definitely a fantastic refurbishment
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

99 out of 100- it must be very good indeed. Take it you never want an old room again then Tom.
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
99 out of 100- it must be very good indeed. Take it you never want an old room again then Tom.
Ha ha. Never hopefully.

The thing is it suits us perfectly. I accept it may not suit others. For example no 5th bed. Some like traditional furnishings whereas we prefer minimalist and very modern.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ha ha. Never hopefully.

The thing is it suits us perfectly. I accept it may not suit others. For example no 5th bed. Some like traditional furnishings whereas we prefer minimalist and very modern.
The no fifth bed I am in two minds about. They have obviously made a concious decision to do that, I think to further differentiate between 1 beds and studios for the points. Also I am sure 5 in a room adds to wear and tear. However, the downside is that for studio bookers, no fifth bed means it is not as popular as other choices, and overall in DVC Saratoga needs to be more popular and first choice rather than second more.

The one beds though are fabulous and what they have done there is elevate them above Beach Club etc- I always thought it really odd that studios had more sleep surfaces than 1 beds- made absolutely no sense.
Old 15 Nov 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

New video I just found

Old 15 Nov 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Thankyou once again for posting YorkshireT
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Wow, nice... so much brighter.

Had to cringe when the older boy was trying to pull down the bed and was trampling all over the new couch with trainers on and was not checked by the parents. Suppose it shows how the wear and tear begins.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
The wear and tear has already started sadly! Scratched cantilevered box top, marks on the wall etc and it's only 4 weeks old!

Never mind I have removed all the excess grout on a tile in the shower. Sadly I wrecked my thumb nail

Old 15 Nov 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Can’t understand why people feel the need to be so careless with our properties, we all have to pay so please show respect.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List