Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jacksc5294
Trading Disney Pins

Manchester/Gatwick to Orlando Sep 2020 - Should I book or wait?

Hi all!

We live within an hours drive of Manchester airport but flight prices are currently over £600 return each.

Gatwick is at £385 and am being advised to buy by one of the price tracking apps.

Do you recommend waiting to see if Manchester drops in price or do you think the chances of that are slim with no Thomas Cook any more!

Thanks
Jacksc5294 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’re in exactly the same quandary as you. The prices from Manchester are ridiculous and I am not paying them. Going to wait and see what happens before we decide.
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jacksc5294
Trading Disney Pins

Agreed- we paid £490 return with luggage for September 2017. Hotel all booked, but just to figure out how to get there!
Jacksc5294 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm in the same boat too! We wanted Manchester (as I'm already travelling from Newcastle to my parents in Nottingham) - however we've now realised that Gatwick is now going to have to be an option as we want to fly to MCO to use the Magical Express.

We have set dates 20th of September - 4th of October.
However I now have no idea how much an average price price from Gatwick is ...
elshabba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jacksc5294
Trading Disney Pins

What I didn't know, is that Virgin now have cheap fares - so the prices on the comparison sites, isn't actually what you pay!
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

Ah yes, they are the Economy light ones now aren't they. You can book those and then pay to add suitcases on (£45 per case each way) - however you then have to pay to choose your seats. I know with Netflights if you book through them they give you the option to upgrade to where the seats and baggage are included but it's still £100pp more.
elshabba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Boris85
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Jacksc5294 View Post
Hi all!

We live within an hours drive of Manchester airport but flight prices are currently over £600 return each.

Gatwick is at £385 and am being advised to buy by one of the price tracking apps.

Do you recommend waiting to see if Manchester drops in price or do you think the chances of that are slim with no Thomas Cook any more!

Thanks
We live near Chester so Manchester is our closest main airport. However when we go in April, we’ve opted for Gatwick due to the price difference. Even after 2 full tanks of fuel and an overnight stay in a premier inn we’re still saving about £500. Good to experience something slightly different as well, never flown BA before.
Boris85 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We are about 20 min to Man but this year (May) we flew from lgw-fll.
£1382 for 2a2c and std suv was too good to resist.
We drove down and stayed in the PI north. It was great, even the drive down and back was fine. Have booked the bloc for next year, but only because I used Tesco vouchers.
In fact we have booked again for next year £1592 this time for lgw-mco inc car.

Is £385 flight only? Sounds about right, we booked ours pre tc demise. If looking at BA I would look at adding a car as sometimes it works out the same price or very little extra. You can then just pay a deposit.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I am in the same boat, only live an hour from Manchester but don't really want to have to go from a London Airport. I think if we end up going indirect it will be from Manchester to a USA airport and on to Orlando so at least we clear customs before MCO. I have looked at the BA flights and flying from Man to LHR and then having to get to Gatwick is putting me off. Don't fancy the long drive to a London Airport either, would be hard driving back after an 8 hr flight. Holding fire for the moment and watching flight prices.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’m in the same position. We are about 1.5hrs from Manchester and even that seems like a long time coming home after a night flight! We will have two little ones with us this time and the drive down doesn’t bother me as we’d stay over the night before but the return car journey is putting me off London airports. However it might be our only option if the Manchester prices don’t start looking better.