Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile 331 days out and no ref number

I’ve booked to go next year travelling Man to MCO. Booked through charter travel after Thomas Cook went bust and had to rearrange.
When we booked we were told that it can take between 6 and 10 months for the reference numbers to come through to be able to book seats.
We’re flying PE both ways and as today is the 331 day point I was hoping to have had something. I contacted Charter who said they haven’t received the numbers and following advice on here contacted VA to see if I could get a ref from them, but they say there is nothing on the system but not to worry as they probably haven’t received the list of names from the travel agent yet!
I was really hoping to be able to book seats not only to try for good seats on the left but to try and book the bubble on the way back.
Has anyone experienced this and do you have any advice
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

I gave Dial A Flight yesterday to get a price for September 20th - 4th of October and she mentioned that Virgin had been slow in releasing their dates this year and had only just released the 4th of October - so it may be that they are a few days behind :-)
elshabba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

So just called Virgin Atlantic again to see if the references numbers had been released and ... they have.

Straight onto Manage my Booking and have managed to snag PE seats 19A and C for our outbound flight.

Just have to wait for the inbound to become available as we would like to experience the bubble for that.

Can't wait!
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
So just called Virgin Atlantic again to see if the references numbers had been released and ... they have.

Straight onto Manage my Booking and have managed to snag PE seats 19A and C for our outbound flight.

Just have to wait for the inbound to become available as we would like to experience the bubble for that.

Can't wait!
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking. We have booked through Charter too and was told the reference for seat booking would be given around eight months before departure but we haven't had anything yet. Do I need to ring Virgin Atlantic then, rather than go through Charter? I remember similar with BA back in 2015 and they said it all had to go through the agent so I am unsure.
Thank you and glad you got the seats you were after
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alohomora View Post
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking. We have booked through Charter too and was told the reference for seat booking would be given around eight months before departure but we haven't had anything yet. Do I need to ring Virgin Atlantic then, rather than go through Charter? I remember similar with BA back in 2015 and they said it all had to go through the agent so I am unsure.
Thank you and glad you got the seats you were after
I called virgin direct, you could wait for Charter to contact you but as they say it could be around 8 months.
I read a few threads on here and someone suggested calling direct so I tried it and it worked. As long as the seats have been released (at 331 days out) you should get a reference number.
You can then go on the Virgin Atlantic manage my booking page and select your seats.
Give it a try and good luck!
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

I called virgin direct, you could wait for Charter to contact you but as they say it could be around 8 months.
I read a few threads on here and someone suggested calling direct so I tried it and it worked. As long as the seats have been released (at 331 days out) you should get a reference number.
You can then go on the Virgin Atlantic manage my booking page and select your seats.
Cool! Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will give it a go tomorrow I would love to be in the bubble again
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
GBScott
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Have you got it sorted now?
GBScott is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Hi, me again.
Well, I was about to ring Virgin Atlantic and just happened to have an email come through from the agents stating that we have had a flight change and are no longer on the 747 so not much chance of being up in the bubble now That's sorted that one out for me

Have a great weekend
Old 15 Nov 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alohomora View Post
Hi, me again.
Well, I was about to ring Virgin Atlantic and just happened to have an email come through from the agents stating that we have had a flight change and are no longer on the 747 so not much chance of being up in the bubble now That's sorted that one out for me

Have a great weekend
Did they include your reference in the email. You could still try for good seats even if not in the bubble.
Take care and have a great weekend yourself 😀
Old 16 Nov 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Did they include your reference in the email. You could still try for good seats even if not in the bubble.
Take care and have a great weekend yourself 😀
Hi there
No, there is no reference number except for my initial booking reference with the agent.
I will give Virgin a ring and see if I can get it

Edit to say that I texted Virgin and within two minutes they replied with my reference number! Fantastic service! We had been assigned seats in the middle of the plane and have now changed to a 2 and a 2 at the rear of the plane. So excited

Edited at 03:24 PM.