Notices

Old 9 Aug 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Bought the DLP tickets this morning, 2x 2 day adult parkhoppers totalling £284. I've updated the budget tracking post (no.11 in the thread), the trip is now at @£2011 and relative costs of the 3 legs are:

DLP £542
EuropaPark £518
Efteling £646

That's with a decent offsite hotel for DLP, onsite camping at EuropaPark and the onsite hotel at Efteling.

Will update the final section of dining plans soon
How exciting! Can't wait to read your trip report.
We're off to Spain instead of Europa Park this summer... The flights we wanted doubled in price and flying from the north west there were no decent alternatives. We're going back to WDW in spring 2020 so the budget for our summer break wasn't flexible

Will the new water park in Europa Park be open in time for your visit?
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
How exciting! Can't wait to read your trip report.
We're off to Spain instead of Europa Park this summer... The flights we wanted doubled in price and flying from the north west there were no decent alternatives. We're going back to WDW in spring 2020 so the budget for our summer break wasn't flexible

Will the new water park in Europa Park be open in time for your visit?
Looking forward to it Such a shame about your flights but I'm sure you'll have a great alternative lined up and I'll report back on everything we find there Thanks for following

The water park is opening about a month after we visit so we'll have to leave that one for if we go back - it looks great though!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
More dining and touring plans, 3rd part of 3.

Day 7 - Europa Park to Efteling

Last breakfast at the campsite and then we're off to Efteling. After Lily8's tip this may involve a detour via the black forest bob (self driven mountain ride) sommerrodelbahn-gutach.d...lish-visitors/

There's plenty of ride-throughs on You Tube, here's an example

As thrillseekers both, DD and I are well up for this if the weather looks good

Then the drive up through France towards Belgium and the Netherlands. Depending on our progress, lunch will probably be in Belgium. I quite like the look of this Italian in Bastogne which is nicely en route just near the Luxembourg border:

They have a reasonable selection of pizzas

Pizzas ... 45 cm in diameter !

Margharita (Base) : Mozarelle - Tomatoes - Oregano
Proscuito : Ham - Tomatoes - Oregano
Napoli : Tomatoes - Anchovies - Capers - Oregano
Vegetarian : Mixed Vegetables FRESH
Bolo : Bolognese Sauce - Oregano
Regina : Ham - Fresh Tomatoes - Mushrooms - Oregano
Capriciosa : Ham - Mushrooms - Eggs - Olives - Oregano
Corléone : Anchovies - Olives - Garlic - Pepper - Oregano
Hawai : Ham - Pineapple - Oregano
Quattro Stagione : Artichokes - Ham - Mushrooms - Olives - Oregano
Sonny : Mozarelle - Sweet chorizo ​​- oregano
Michael : Bacon - Tomatoes - Capres - Oregano
Pizzaiola : Tuna - Mushrooms - Onions - vegetables - Capers - Garlic
Frutti di Mare : Seafood - tomatoes - Garlic - Oregano
Stromboli : Sweet chorizo ​​- dried tomatoes - Egg - Garlic - oregano
Claudio : Parma - Gorgonzolla - Oregano
Dolce Vita : Goat - Parsley - Garlic - Fresh tomatoes - Oregano
Mich - Pic : Chorizo ​​- tomatoes - Anchovies - gorgorolla - Oregano
Quattro Fromagio : 4 Kinds of cheese - Oregano
Ardennaise : Potatoes - bacon - Beans - Onions
Freddo : Salmon - smoked - Capers - Onions - Oregano
Scampis : Scampis - Garlic - Parsley - Oregano
Bellucci : Fresh peppers - Onions - Sweet chorizo ​​- Fresh egg - Garlic - Oregano
Calzone Dolce Vita : Goat - Parma - Parsley - Garlic - Fresh Tomatoes
Al Pacino : Scampis - Calamari - Smoked salmon - Garlic
Aaron : Chorizo ​​- tomatoes - Garlic - Parmesan - Roquette
kayla : Gruyère de Savoie - Pepper salami - Peppers - Egg - Garlic
Anton: Sweet chorizo ​​- Parma ham - Roquette - Garlic - tomatoes and cheese in the crust
Patani : Parma - Bacon - Pineapple - Egg - Parmesan
Vito Volcano : Scampis -Calamars - Smoked Salmon - Seafood - Garlic
Carpaccio : Veal carpaccio - Parmesan shavings - Roqette
Delphina : Parma ham - cherry tomatoes - Mozarelle - Roquette - balsamic
Corsica: Coppa (Corsican ham) - Goat cheese - Honey - oregano
C onny : Gambas - scampi-roquette - lemon slice - Garlic
Tarantino : Merguez - Fresh tomatoes - Onions - Egg - Roquette - Garlic
La Tartuffo Anatra : Parmesan - Duck fillet - truffle oil and arugula
Kaycee : Cream - chives - chorizo ​​- zucchini - Parmesan shavings - fresh tomatoes
Savoyarde : Apple-D-Terre - cold cuts - Savoy cheese - onions - arugula-pickles
Supplements can be added to pizzas

They have pasta dishes too but pizza looks to be the main focus!
€5 says DD will still have a margherita with ham

After that, early afternoon we could stop at Chaudefontaine, also in Belgium for the spa posted earlier in the thread. This depends on timings and also if/how we did the first spa. At some point ideally we'd stop to pick up Belgian beer but not sure when that will be just yet or if it will fit, might be a quick stop if we drive past a brewery with a shop.

By early evening we should be at the Efteling hotel. If we have the time and energy (it closes at 8) we might pop into the park for a QS dinner. I quite fancy the Polles Keuken, the Dutch love their pancakes as much as DD does and the menu looks good.

Day 8 - Efteling

We have breakfast included with the Efteling Hotel. Couldn't find many good pictures online without people in them but the restaurant looks smart and I'll share the buffet pics when we get there.

For lunch the Station de Oost food court looks intriguing (palatial as food cours go ) and nothing like Aust Services on the old Severn Bridge crossing (which is my translation of the title )
Er excuse me, I'm looking for the food court

There's a few options, mostly on the healthier side so we might have to go to de Brutale Aap (The Cheeky Monkey) for some Turkish kebabs etc.
Yes I might have a doner kebab sober. Don't judge me I'm on holiday

In the evening I've just booked us two tickets for the Caro show at 18:30. This is only €7.50 per head with the hotel stay so I figure it's worth a punt.

After the show we have a reservation for the 'Kings Surprise Menu' in the hotel (@20:15). This was €79 for the two and an unnamed selection of starters and dessert plus an entree from the main menu. Fingers crossed this won't backfire with DD It's a bit of a risk but she eats fairly well these days and will try things. Also the main courses include a couple of beef ones I know she could choose and which cover most of her cost so...

Day 9 - Efteling

Breakfast at the hotel again followed by another QS lunch in the park I expect. Lunch options for this day I haven't really settled on yet, it may be off the cuff for once or if anyone has been and has any recommendations let us know

For dinner on our last night we'll probably head out of the park and eat somewhere nearby. I enjoy a Dutch Indonesian place and looked for somewhere that does decent satay. Found this one, Jit Sing in Kaatsheuvel which is Chinese/Indonesian and may do the job.

Day 10 - Efteling to Home

Final breakfast at the hotel and check out for the drive back to Calais.
We'll probably drive there straight through as it's a morning train and get a quick lunch back in England then back to reality
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Really shocked at the lack of pizza options above... 😡
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Really shocked at the lack of pizza options above... 😡
so when I looked at it I thought, too much choice I'll just get the spicy one. All those choices and there isn't a spicy one

Edited at 09:31 PM.
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Inventions now booked for early evening of Day 3 the dining line asked if I wanted an English operator and then served up a French one anyway

Just realised that the Indiana Jones ride we've never managed to go on is closed again for our visit 3rd time we won't have made it on (previously 1xDD 1cm too short and 1x closed!)
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This trip looks fantastic. I’d be at the kebab shop 😊👍😋

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Looking forward to reading the trip report; I'm considering a similar roadtrip for me and DS next April so will be very interested to see how you fare. Hope you and DD have a fantastic time!
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
This trip looks fantastic. I’d be at the kebab shop 😊👍😋
Originally Posted by GroovyYvee View Post
Looking forward to reading the trip report; I'm considering a similar roadtrip for me and DS next April so will be very interested to see how you fare. Hope you and DD have a fantastic time!
Thank you both for following along. I adore the MK at Paris so can't wait for that and the other two parks look amazing too as new experiences. I'm trying not to get too excited for this for the moment, DD hasn't even gone back to school yet and it's for half term!
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Well under two months to go now if this was WDW we’d have fastpasses by now. Here’s our top 3’s we’re looking forward to in the first park (DLP):

Walt Disney Studios:

I’m not a huge fan of this park but I guess it’s suffered from the same transitional phase as Hollywood Studios (albeit since it opened). Annoying that Cinemagique has finished, that was a lovely show which nearly brought a tear to my eye and one that they should have promoted more IMO rather than killing off

1 Crush’s Coaster

Aka Fish Mountain it's a great ride and unique to DLP with the nice extra dimension of the spin. TBH No.1 would have a close run thing with Rock 'n' Rollercoaster but it's closed now for the Avengers re-skin (haven't broken this bad news to DD yet) Crush is cool though and love the chatty seagulls in the queue even if you do have to listen to them for ages

2 Studio Tram Tour
This scene is based on our front drive

People may be surprised about the Studio Tour. This is more nostalgia for the old days of backlot tours at all the movie type parks, I miss the Hollywood Studios one and am pleased that the DLP version looks to be just hanging on long enough to visit this time Awaits closure announcement!). Surprisingly DD loved this tour on our last visit, we actually queued for a late re-ride but it broke down so we just did it the once. The water effect is ace.

3 Ratatouille

Ratatouille is I guess the iconic ride of this park. Liked it last time but with high expectations it didn’t blow me away. I’m thinking that with a little more time and balance it’s a good time to evaluate it properly now. Remember the queue theming being fantastic.

Honourable mention to Tower of Terror, just a great ride. We watched a clip of the Mickey the Magician show online and thought it looked absolute pony but maybe someone else can put in a good word for it!

Magic Kingdom:

1 Hyperspace Mountain
Actual ride may be less exciting than this

This is an exciting if rough Space Mountain even if I can’t ever decide whether to tense up and get bashed around or relax and get bashed around. Looking forward to the Star Wars re-skin.

2 Alice’s Curious Labyrinth
Living next door to Alice...Alice... ?

Lol it’s just fun. Who doesn’t love a) a maze and b) a guaranteed walk-on attraction. Great theming on this and unique I think to Paris.

3 Big Thunder Mountain

This Big Thunder feels like a particularly good one, although it does seem to break down a fair bit. I love a bit of Pirates of the Caribbean of course and would like to ride Pinocchio’s Voyage having not done that before. No Indiana Jones ride running when we’re there...again!

Will put some EuropaPark stuff up closer to the date

Edited at 08:29 PM.