Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 22 Oct 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Some of the coldest weather I’ve ever experienced was in NYC, mid-April. The wind was BITTER and it blew down every avenue, just couldn’t avoid it 😱
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve done Florida lots of times without doing the parks! This being said weve never stayed in Orlando to do this! We usually stay down on the gulf coast. And visit places like sarasota, boca grande, Anna Maria Island, the keys etc. There’s still plenty to do! You can still do things like shopping, national parks, beaches, mini golf, cinema, fishing etc etc!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We're doing a 2 week tour before we get to the parks next year: miami, keys, Florida city for Everglades, naples and Sarasota. Deerfield beach on the way back to miami. You could do this and have an amazing time without the parks!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

We are going next year and have decided not to do the parks as we are also 70yrs old. I have back problems and my wife is not interested in rides either so as others have said we are going to go to other places. We may do a day at the Epcot because it is a place with lots to see without queing for hours. We have hired a car and villa so we can do what we want when we want. We lokke at St Augustine and may spend a night there as well.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mentioned I might try different areas to a friend and he mentioned cyrstal river and also tarpon springs

Gonna need 6 weeks not a week
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Mentioned I might try different areas to a friend and he mentioned cyrstal river and also tarpon springs

Gonna need 6 weeks not a week

I would echo St Augustine, was absolutely gorgeous and we loved it. Also love the Winter Park boat tour. its really fun and very inexpensive.

I must say I visited Tarpon Springs last year and I wasnt impressed. I had been about ten years before and had fond memories but it was tacky and tired and full of people upselling boat tours etc as you walked down the street, I genuinely would not bother with it.

Mount Dora is also quite quirky and pretty and very much worth a wee jaunt for a day. We happened to be there during their Highland Games which was a sight to behold.

We actually rarely go to the parks although this year we are venturing to Food and Wine and also to DHS for Star Wars. Only because they have the mid day magic tickets otherwise I wouldnt bother at all. Never missed it in the past.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We enjoyed spending a few hours in Mount Dora and then went on the Rusty Anchor sunset cruise which is only an hour and was excellent.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Mobile

There is so much more to Florida then the parks , we havent been to the parks for 11 years but stull visit Florida most years always at the end of December into January , this year irs Crystal River , St Augustine and then a cruise
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List