Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

What's it like in March please?

We have only been back home just over a week and we are already looking at going back.

I am hoping to squeeze a cheeky trip in for 19 days in March before our Annual Travel Insurance expires, but we have never been at this time of year before, we usually go May or October).

Can anyone offer any advice about how busy or different it is in March? I am a bit worried about Spring Break which I think happens then and also some advice about the weather then or anything else we should be aware of would be very helpful.

We would be looking to book a villa off site and already have Annual Passes for WDW and SW.

Thank you.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
plastic orange
Very Serious Dibber

Spring break is a big deal in the US and lasts a while as different areas/counties seem to use different weeks - much like our trade holidays used to be here. In other words it is busy. We did all of March 2012 and wouldn't go this time again, but weather was ok, just 2 days of light rain in that period, but cooler mornings and evenings.
We traveled around Florida a bit, and always seemed to visit on their spring break week. Clearwater beach was like Benidorm.

Pete
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We normally spend the whole of March at the villa have done for the last 4 years
It can be busy with spring break and snowbirds but we just as we have annual passes to Universal Sea World and Busch go early and leave mid afternoon when it seems to really get busy
We don't do Disney so can't comment on that
We've had everything from cool to record temps but we love it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Weather is too variable for me to be my ideal time but it’s good weather for getting a lot done in the parks. Swimming is touch and go, can be fine, generally most days too cool for me personally. It is busy. But not more so than other busy times and not as bad as Easter (unless it falls early and you hit Easter too) and nothing like Christmas.
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

We always go in March. Weather much more acceptable on our view. Warm days (70’s). Cooler morning and evenings, but I still wear shorts and t-
shirt. No humidity. Can get an occasional overcast/drizzly day.

Down side is that it is spring break so can get busy. Snowbirds still down from North East US and Canada. MLB spring training and Grapefruit League matches, so can often get team supporters down too.

And, November to March/early April is the Florida high season due to this pleasant comfortable weather - no humidity and out of hurricane season. We find that consequently accommodation, especially hotels, are often twice-three times the cost of the summer months. But, we never do Orlando in March and usually do Gulf Coast. So not sure of prices in Orlando then.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We went during Spring Break a couple of years back and had a great time. It was nice and hot with plenty of sunshine. A few showers but nothing like the downpours of August. It was busy in the parks but we used the fast pass system and booked onto all of the rides we wanted. Crowds were OK but we did have to queue longer for meals which was a bit of a pain. We've since been in July and August and enjoyed all of these trips. Late August is of course a little more interesting in the weather department.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I was considering going in March, no Disney or Universal parks, but still going to Sea World, Busch Gardens etc. The Sprint Break thing might have just put me off
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much everyone for all your replies, which are very much appreciated.

We have thought about it carefully and have decided to take the plunge, the cooler weather and less humidity will suit me much better and given it will be our 21st trip if it does get too busy for us we can always take things even easier than we usually do and spend even more time relaxing and doing non park things.

We've managed to book a villa with a lovely lake view and are so excited to be going back so soon. Thank you again everyone for all your help.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy1967
New Poster (3)

I was in Orlando in March 1990 (long time ago in human terms ... not so much so in climate terms). It was about as hot as I could take ... midday heat was unbearable, and evenings sat round the pool (or in it) were pretty much de rigeur.
Goofy1967 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

We have been twice Mid-march, the first time they were having record highs with temperatures high 80's / low 90's and hardly a cloud for 2 weeks. The following year they had record lows and some mornings it was bloody freezing and we also had some rainy days thrown in too. The crowds are also a mess that time of year with spring break - we wouldn't do it again.
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List