Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Nov 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile Do I need to book the Magical Express from MCO?

I'm reading conflicting information and now I'm confused. We arrive at MCO on the Tuesday, we're staying in the airport hotel that night and plan to take the Magical Express early the following morning to POFQ. Do I need to pre-book our seats on the transportation for the Wednesday morning or can we just turn up and queue? We've not stayed on-site before so this is all new to us. Thanks
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

The advice I read is you don't need to book but if they are busy the could just restrict the service to those who have pre-booked or you may experience a longer wait..

Personally I would just work out what time I was going to get the bus and stick to it...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Zacknkeirasmum
Dancing with Tink'

We were told we had to book on and when I phoned they took all our details and our flight numbers xx

Zacknkeirasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes you book to travel on mde. This is a newish change. You dont book a specific coach, they are well aware of time to get landed and immigration variations. We booked and got an email confirmation. Those internal travelling just had to scan their magic bands!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
I'm reading conflicting information and now I'm confused. We arrive at MCO on the Tuesday, we're staying in the airport hotel that night and plan to take the Magical Express early the following morning to POFQ. Do I need to pre-book our seats on the transportation for the Wednesday morning or can we just turn up and queue? We've not stayed on-site before so this is all new to us. Thanks
We did the same a few years back. The hyatt Hotel is fab, has a pool and buffet breakfast to die for..

At the time we had conflicting opinions as to whether we could get the bus, as you are supposed to go to the stand when your flight lands and you have come through security. This i was told was to stop people who stay say at Universal with a car for week 1, returning the car to mco and hopping on a bus.

We booked by phone in the end on the uk 0800 number and explained to the most helpful cm that the reason for our strategy was our advancing years,.

It was no problem and we booked something like a 9am departure, which got us to the BC early. The journey on the bus was so much more enjoyable after a good sleep.

We checked in on arrival, got our magic bands and went to the pool until we got a text to advise our room was ready about 11.30.

Hope this help you

Disney332

Edited at 04:20 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

we have done both

my take on it, disney do not want you at the airport, you are not spending any money with them at and airport, they will get you to your hotel
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
We did the same a few years back. The hyatt Hotel is fab, has a pool and buffet breakfast to die for..

At the time we had conflicting opinions as to whether we could get the bus, as you are supposed to go to the stand when your flight lands and you have come through security. This i was told was to stop people who stay say at Universal with a car for week 1, returning the car to mco and hopping on a bus.

We booked by phone in the end on the uk 0800 number and explained to the most helpful cm that the reason for our strategy was our advancing years,.

It was no problem and we booked something like a 9am departure, which got us to the BC early. The journey on the bus was so much more enjoyable after a good sleep.

We checked in on arrival, got our magic bands and went to the pool until we got a text to advise our room was ready about 11.30.

Hope this help you

Disney332
Thanks for all the info. I like the sound of the breakfast buffet
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Thank you all for the replies. I'll phone the UK booking line and see what they say.
Old 7 Nov 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
starwarsclark
Excited about Disney

Can I ask on this thread please, as we are aiming to get a private transfer when we arrive at MCO and then get the ME back from our stay at The Yacht Club, do we need to pre-book the return journey at all please?
starwarsclark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by starwarsclark View Post
Can I ask on this thread please, as we are aiming to get a private transfer when we arrive at MCO and then get the ME back from our stay at The Yacht Club, do we need to pre-book the return journey at all please?
Yes you do as you get given a voucher the day before that you need to hand to the driver (the voucher is usually hung on your door handle). You can book it online: secure.reservations.disney.g...US/dme/dmeform

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List