Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Nov 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Anyone used Delta for internal flights ?.

Looking to book JFK to MCO has anyone used Delta ? Just wondering about your experiences ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

We’ve done it a few times both ways. Always had a good experience. Just remember you will need to go through immigration and collect your cases and then recheck in for your Delta flight.

If you have any specific questions ask away 😁
Old 10 Nov 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Most seem to have good experiences, we had a poor one from Atlanta to MCO a few years ago (main route on Virgin and internal on Delta).

We couldn't pre-book or select seats in advance (even at 24hrs out) and at check-in we were separated across about 20 rows, with closest being 3 rows apart. Kids were (just) 6 and 8 at the time. Staff in the airport didn't care, they were more bothered about sorting other customers and people arranging connections. Staff on the plane were also not concerned (said anyone over 5 can sit on their own).

We were fortunate that an English family very kindly offered up a row of 3 when hearing us question the seating as they had young adults in their early 20's and thought making a 6/8 year old sit on their own unacceptable (we hadn't asked anyone to move) so at least my wife could sit with the girls and I sat elsewhere. Similar issues on return leg but I wouldn't budge from the counter until they sorted it (wasn't our issue we couldn't pre-book seats, it was a system problem) and they eventually gave us 2x2's.

Other than this, everything else was as you'd expect for food/drinks etc (no entertainment, but not a problem for a ~2hr flight).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We will be initially travelling BA LGWto JFK then after spending a few days in New York we want to fly JFK to MCO I am assuming Immigration will be cleared when we arrive in New York from LGW ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
We will be initially travelling BA LGWto JFK then after spending a few days in New York we want to fly JFK to MCO I am assuming Immigration will be cleared when we arrive in New York from LGW ?
Yes, you will clear immigration and customs on arrival to JFK from LGW.

While you can have issues on any airline at any time, I would not hesitate to fly Delta. Of the 3 main US carriers, they are probably the best for domestic, in my experience over the last few years (I fly on AA more than the others, and AA is fine, but would say Delta is better, at least for the fights I’ve taken).

Your flight will go from either T2 or T4 at JFK (they do move them around a bit), and of course you will arrive at MCO as a domestic passenger and get any checked bags at the main terminal baggage claim.

Edited at 07:50 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

We've always found domestic flights are pretty much the same with any airline. The terminals always look chaotic but really it's just that they are very busy! Everyone seems to have wheelie cabin bags (i.e. suitcase!) and another holdall on top, gate staff are forever asking people to check bags in for free or take money to get a later flight, (at least in the US there invariably is a later flight!).
We had an issue at Atlanta this year in that I was allowed on board, then my wife and daughter following on got a denied boarding on their boarding pass, naturally I didn't go down the gangway only to be told by the rather stern elderly lady, obviously not coping with such a busy flight on her own, to move on down or else she would remove me from the manifest, (wasn't blocking the entrance or anything!) Spent an anxious 20 min on the plane waiting for them to be allowed on. (Apparently despite having boarding cards and having luggage on board, delta's computer had them down as not leaving London!). Delta customer care not brilliant, I didn't blame the lady, but the airline for understaffing/overbooking flights and not leaving a good impression at their hub, (imigration took an hour and a half). Just got a £50 voucher for a future flight each!
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have used Delta many times on internal flights and find them cheap, efficient and a pleasure. Some of their aircraft are a little older, but they get you there.

As a huge, 900 plus aircraft airline, they also have good resilience against an aircraft incurring a technical fault and causing a delay.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:41 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

We're booking MCO to JFK with Delta. We were able to book seats but not prepay hold luggage
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We used them this summer and had no complaints. In fact I was very impressed with their app which kept me up to date with all the gates and departure times etc. We had a short delay at JFK and were able to rebook onto a different flight on the app which actually worked in our favour.

I would agree the flights are busy, everyone has carry on cases. And we didn’t have pre booked seats and didn’t sit together. But my daughter is 16 so it wasn’t a problem for us.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

We are booked Snn JFK TPA for July /Aug 2020 we were able to book seats on the internal but not on the transatlantic , went on twitter and the Delta people were excellent I haven't flown with them in a while but my U.S family find them very good
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List