Hi & welcome to Day 13

The index to the trippie can be found here

Plans for the day:
Fastpasses
Slinky Dog Dash at 9:55am
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at 11:05am
Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage at 12:30pm

ADR's
Sebastian's Bistro (this wasn't an ADR, as such, as we booked it during the day for the evening)

As this was going to be our last day at HS we were all up & ready & headed to the park quite early.

First up, we headed to Slinky Dog, now Darren had previously chickened out on this but today we had managed to persuade him, although, he doesn't look like he is enjoying it

This is definitely one of my favourite rides & i even remembered to wave to the camera lol

After this is was Tower of Terror! Now Alex, who is scared of almost everything, really didn't want to go on this but after some persistent nagging & the promise of an ice-cream afterwards, i managed to persuade him, & to be fair to him, he didn't freak out much, although he has got my arm in a death grip

Scarla was also convinced she could see London when the doors opened, bless her

After this we had a bit of time to kill so grabbed some snacks & found a shady area to sit for a bit, obviously, Alex got his ice-cream so he was happy, although he was still moaning about being forced on ToT

Next was Beauty & the beast live on stage, Scarla absolutely loved it, as Belle's biggest fan but the rest of us weren't really that impressed

i took the opportunity to try & get a fastpass for toy story mania as we had cancelled our previous visit to HS & i really wanted to go on it. i managed to bag one but it wasn't for a few hours so we wandered around looking for rides that didn't have too long a wait time.

In the end we went to the Indiana Stunt show (another previously cancelled FP) which i really enjoyed, although the kids really didn't understand this one as they weren't really into Raiders of the lost Ark & i think Darren was a bit fed up with the heat

Anyway, it killed a bit of time.

After this we headed back to Toy Story land for Toy Story Mania, just as we got to the front the ride broke down, sods law, however, the engineer fixed it pretty quickly & we we on. Again, another fantastic ride & i'm glad i had managed to get on everything i had cancelled previously, apart from the little mermaid, but as luck would have it as we were walking past it on the way out it was a walk-on so we got to do that too

As we left HS they were testing the skyliner, which i got a little too excited about

Darren, as usual, didn't even notice we had stopped & carried on marching, or tele-porting, as Alex calls it

When we got back to CBR we decided to see if we could get a reservation for Sebastian's Bistro as it had recently opened, so i cancelled my reservation for La Hacienda de San Angel which i had booked for tomorrow & we managed to get in for just after 7pm. However, the kids were not really impressed & Alex was feeling a bit sick so didn't eat anything, (i think it was the heat getting to him) so it wasn't the best meal of the trip.

Well, thats it for our last visit to HS for this trip, i hope you enjoyed reading.

Next up:

Day 14 - Epcot

Feb 2019 - 2 weeks onsite at CBR with DDP
Oct 2022 - 3 weeks offsite in 4 bed villa at Emerald Island - Pre-trip report is here

'Once in a lifetime' trip report - CBR + DDP Feb 2019

Edited at 03:40 AM.
Scarla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List