Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Sep 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamers
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by The Thornes View Post
One nights stay will get you two days passes.

We have done it with and without passes.
Once you use the passes you'll never be able to go back.
Booked again this year for a few extra nights as the Hard rock hotel is awesome. Movie night in the pool
Yeah I’m definitely going to get them!
The Hard Rock hotel was the one I had in mine so thanks for letting me know that it’s awesome. Movie night in the pool? Sounds fun!
Thanks
Disney Dreamers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamers
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by ARAR View Post
I would also recommend the Express passes.

We stayed for 2 nights at the RPR (15th/16th August) and I think we would have struggled without them.

Out of the 2 parks, we managed to complete Islands of Adventure reasonably quickly (within 6 hours). However, Universal Studios took a lot longer because it was quite busy on the day we went.

Just to give you an idea, it took us 1.25 hours just to complete 2 rides (Minions and Shrek) and that's with express passes!

The biggest mistake we made was not taking advantage of the early entrance times.
Thank you so much for your reply, it is so helpful to know what you managed to get done.
I will make sure to make the most out of the early entrance time after what you mentioned.
Thanks!
Disney Dreamers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamers
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
If you were going to book 2 nights then book 2 separate nights to give toy 4 days express x
That’s such a good idea! To be honest I don’t think that I would have thought of that. When planning there is so much going around in your head.
Thank you for replying x
Old 9 Sep 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We've just returned from a week at Portifino Bay.
Just to echo everyone else - the express passes (which are also your room key) are invaluable.
Even just to get out of the August heat and get straight in a ride was worth it for us especially with the kids. We used the express line even if the queue time was a relatively short time - it just meant we didn’t have to walk through loads of empty queue space!
There are free water boat taxi’s from the 3 hotels. They are a lovely way to get to the parks!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Just to give a different view...

Last time we visited, we stayed one night at the Royal Pacific and therefore got 2 days of Express Passes. Although the Express Passes were very useful, I wouldn't say they were definitely needed. If you want to cram both Universal parks into 2 days (or less) then they are a great idea. But if you were thinking of visiting US and IOA over 3 or more days then they aren't required (but they are nice to have).

Originally Posted by Disney Dreamers View Post
I just wanted to double check that I’m right in thinking that we would have to book our hotel and still book our park admission tickets separately?
Yes, you will still need to buy park tickets. The hotel stay and Express Passes do not include admission to the parks. If you don't want 14 day tickets, then you can buy 2 day tickets from OrlandoAttractions.com or UndercoverTourist.com or from Universal themselves.

Originally Posted by Disney Dreamers View Post
Also would the express tickets be valid for the arrival day and following day?
Yes. For a one night stay, the Express passes cover both your check in day and check out day. Even though your room will probably not be available until mid-afternoon on your check-in day, you can still check-in from around 7am in the morning and get your Express Passes then. You get to use the Express Passes for two whole days.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List