Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Sep 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We didn’t think the price of QS meals had increased that much since last year. However, we really noticed a difference with the couple of TS meals we did, now that the youngest is classed as an adult. We stay offsite so pay for meals at Disney.
Old 6 Sep 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I have to say we have just come back and had the free dining for 2 weeks, and we absolutely loved it, far too much food but absolutely zero stress, no stressing about the bill, I can cope with the tips, ticked all the boxes with 5 teenagers in tow, my husband remained calm and his blood pressure normal.. so much so we are going back next year.. whilst it is free or used as a marketing tool they have my money..
Old 7 Sep 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AliPD View Post
Two thousand quid over the price of villa free. That's my point, if you pay two grand over the price of a villa, the food essentially is two grand.

Port Orleans for next August comes in at 3,200 quid on the Disney site, a villa only costs 1,300, it's not free. it's a gimmick. You're paying for it in the cost of your room.
We're on-site at Port Orleans for a week next year, then off-site for a week in a villa. If you take the cost of the Disney tickets off the room price, the room is cheaper than the villa.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
crux
Apprentice Imagineer

It is getting very expensive. Had lunch at Epcot Japan QS meal. Shrimp Udon and Chicken Cutlet curry, plus 2 green teas $33

Evening meal in BCV studio was a bit cheaper with beans on toast . Tin of beans was just over a dollar and not much more than two dollars for a loaf of bread.

Tomorrow's evening meal will be expensive as we've got the Clam Bake booked at the Beach Club. All you care to eat crab legs - yum yum

Edited at 12:22 AM.
crux is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBH I’ve always found it expensive compared to offsite but enjoyed dining onsite (mainly pre dining plan days), I still enjoy certain restaurants but, perhaps rather contentiously, have found the quality watered down over the years. When I return, there will be restaurants I’ll go back to but generally I will eat at non Disney hotels/restaurants.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SillyPickle
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
We're on-site at Port Orleans for a week next year, then off-site for a week in a villa. If you take the cost of the Disney tickets off the room price, the room is cheaper than the villa.
Same here. Obviously a 3 bed villa with a private pool isn't quite the same as sharing a hotel room with two kids, but both are equally valid holiday choices!
SillyPickle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Epcot has some great food options but it’s way too expensive if not on some sort of dining plan which is a real shame
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
AliPD
Imagineer

You won't have 5 bedrooms and your own pool and BBQ though.
The Gateway Inn 1994 - Howard Johnson 1996 - The Holiday Inn Express 1999 - The Sheraton World Resort 2001 - Howard Johnson Plaza 2004 - The Best Western Plaza 2006 - Econolodge Inn and Suites 2008 - High Grove Villa 2011 - Sandy Ridge Villa 2012 - Silver Creek Villa 2015 - Art Of Animation 2017.
AliPD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I think that Disney etc have always been expensive, before we started staying on-site, the only meals we were having in the parks was generally QS, all our TS meals would be offsite.
Ditto.

Meals aren't getting expensive in the parks - they've always been expensive. At least as long as I've been going.

I suppose you could say meals are getting more expensive.

But a villa isn't the same thing as a hotel room.

If you were staying at a Disney villa, then I bet if you took off the cost of the tickets, then staying at the onsite villa would be more expensive than at an offsite villa.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List