Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 Sep 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Universal Annual Pass

Does anyone have one - there are a few different ones and trying to work out which is best!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Lisa
Old 13 Sep 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

We used to have a Seasonal Pass but we upgraded to Power as we couldn't get into Universal Studios one Saturday in November as Mannheim Steamroller were playing.

Seasonal has the most block out dates (Christmas, Easter & July as well as concert dates for Universal Studios - Mardi Gras & Mannheim, I don't know if Rock the Universe falls under a concert or not ). Seasonal doesn't get you any discounts on parking. Power passes have the same Christmas/Easter blockout dates but July is ok unless it's a 3 park pass in which case Volcano Bay is blocked out in July for Seasonal, Power & Preferred. Power gets you 50% off parking & preferred is free parking. Premier I believe has no blockout dates & you can get free valet/prime parking as well as regular.

I'm not sure what you get in terms of restaurant discounts as I didn't look into this but Beach Club at Hard Rock Hotel gave us a discount as she saw our passes in their lanyard. We also got the annual pass discount on the room booking.

We definitely got value for money on our passes, 2 full visits & it expires part way through our November holiday. I just wish they would be forthcoming about next years blockout dates .

Not sure if this ramble helped you or not . I guess it comes down to when you are coming & how many times in the year? If you are outwith blockout dates then you only need 1 of the higher passes for the discounts & the rest can have cheaper passes or the 14 day explorer tickets.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clarentino View Post
We used to have a Seasonal Pass but we upgraded to Power as we couldn't get into Universal Studios one Saturday in November as Mannheim Steamroller were playing.

Seasonal has the most block out dates (Christmas, Easter & July as well as concert dates for Universal Studios - Mardi Gras & Mannheim, I don't know if Rock the Universe falls under a concert or not ). Seasonal doesn't get you any discounts on parking. Power passes have the same Christmas/Easter blockout dates but July is ok unless it's a 3 park pass in which case Volcano Bay is blocked out in July for Seasonal, Power & Preferred. Power gets you 50% off parking & preferred is free parking. Premier I believe has no blockout dates & you can get free valet/prime parking as well as regular.

I'm not sure what you get in terms of restaurant discounts as I didn't look into this but Beach Club at Hard Rock Hotel gave us a discount as she saw our passes in their lanyard. We also got the annual pass discount on the room booking.

We definitely got value for money on our passes, 2 full visits & it expires part way through our November holiday. I just wish they would be forthcoming about next years blockout dates .

Not sure if this ramble helped you or not . I guess it comes down to when you are coming & how many times in the year? If you are outwith blockout dates then you only need 1 of the higher passes for the discounts & the rest can have cheaper passes or the 14 day explorer tickets.
I am planning to get the season ticket next year to use in October then first two weeks of August year after.
I hadn’t heard bought of concert dates. Will these dates be affected or how do I find out when they are? Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I am planning to get the season ticket next year to use in October then first two weeks of August year after.
I hadn’t heard bought of concert dates. Will these dates be affected or how do I find out when they are? Thanks

The blockout dates are here, they haven't announced next years blockout dates yet. I think your dates will be ok, Mardi Gras runs from February to April & the concerts aren't every night. The holiday season starts in November & Mannheim only play Saturday & Sunday nights, I don't think they've been officially announced this year but it's probably only a matter of time. Rock the Universe has just finished & next year it's scheduled for early February, it's down as a separate ticketed event.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have preffered. Last year I worked out that we save

$25 each on our HHN tickets
We spent 10 days or part days there (didn't need to worry about just turning up for a game of golf or going to the cinema) so an additional $200
We got a bargin on our hotel with an AP rate and saved over $200 on just one night
with food and drink and stuff at City Walk (such as the golf) we think we each saved an extra $50 each, and the same on merch between us (we do Christmas shopping whilst we are there for nieces etc)

So on the whole our tickets last year saved us about $600 dollars.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have the Seasonal. Blackout dates are Easter, July and Christmas. concert dates are blacked out for Universal Studios only, not Islands of Adventure. Since we don't plan to visit during blackout dates, and not being able to go to US on a concert date wouldn't bother me, if we can still go to Islands, we opted for Seasonal. If you know when you plan to go, that would be the best place to start. You can always upgrade after the fact, although you do play the difference for the whole year.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
August and October won't be affected by concert dates. You would be fine with Seasonal if you aren't bothered about extra discounts and the like.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
August and October won't be affected by concert dates. You would be fine with Seasonal if you aren't bothered about extra discounts and free parking
Old 20 Sep 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I have the Preferred pass, free parking saving $22 a day, discounts on merch, food & drinks... never actually added up the discounts I've used but I do think it's worth it.

If your dates work for the seasonal pass, you could buy everyone one of those and upgrade ONE to Preferred to get the free parking and better discounts benefits for your group.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List