Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Aug 18, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
I asked at guest services on Sunday and was told we were good to come in on Wednesday 22nd.
It’s now the 22nd and we all entered the park(universal studios) this morning no issues. Pass expires midnight tonight.
I first used the14 day 3 Park Uk ticket 21st August 2017. Upgraded 27th August 2017 to seasonal ap. I asked when I upgraded and was told good for a year and a day. That was correct. We have used them for last time 22nd August 2018.
We had the exact same situation last week, I had been told online that our tickets expired on the 17th (we had first used our original tickets on the 16th August 2017) but last day of entry was the 16th, anyway we checked with guest services in the park and at sapphire falls and both of them confirmed we could go into the parks on the 17th so we did. I did send DD first through the turnstile in case in didn't work though

Edited at 04:30 AM.
elmspenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
I asked at guest services on Sunday and was told we were good to come in on Wednesday 22nd.
It’s now the 22nd and we all entered the park(universal studios) this morning no issues. Pass expires midnight tonight.
Oh, I'm not questioning anything you say.

I was just remarking on the way the date and time was written. "8/22/2018 12:00:00 AM" means first thing in the morning on the 22nd (i.e. the change over from 21st to 22nd) and not last thing at night on the 22nd, that's all.

If Universal wanted to make it less ambiguous it would've been better if they wrote "Expiration Date: 8/22/2018 11:59:59 PM" because that's actually what they mean - it expires at the end of the 22nd not the beginning.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Lol at sending dd first Agree it would be clearer if said 11.59pm.
We went in 3 time yesterday plus hogwarts express on our ‘bonus’ day so it definitely works for a year and a day. Had 5 days at Universal this holiday using our $5 upgrade to seasonal Ap. Plus with it being pass holder appreciation time the seasonal ap has worked for food and drink discount too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

At IOA guest services last night, was told you could only down grade 3 pk to 2 if not used VB. we upgraded to 3pk seasonal for $54 each
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
princess10
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

We have just returned home from our universal holiday. Cabana bay was fantastic by the way. After trying several times at various different places to upgrade our 3 park 14 day tickets to 2 park preferred we finally managed this on our last day. Each time we were told the system doesn't allow this after you have visited volcano bay. I think this is a correct statement to some degree and believe it will be very difficult to do this again in the future, I think we just got lucky. On our last park day we visited guest services again, asked about upgrading our tickets. The cast member looked at the type of tickets, the parks we had visited and to our surprise recommended the 2 park preferred. I snatched her hand off but then it slowly became clear that the offer could have been an error on her part as it took ages for them to get this sorted, easily over an hour. She kept apologising for the the delay and explained that it was her first day without a shadowing supervisor (explains everything). She said they had to dig deep into the system to get it authorized. Eventually we walked away happy and can now look at booking our next trip which will likely fall into blockout days for seasonal and power passes. Don't be afraid to ask if you want to do the same upgrade but be prepared for disappointment. It is possible you just need to find the right person in guest services
princess10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry all to ask, we are off out for xmas, if we upgrade our 14 day passes, not annual passes but not use them ( upgrade on our last day) do they cover for a year from the day they are used? We are going, in august 2019 and then thinking also august 2020, so effectively can we upgrade for $50, and use for 2019 and 2020?
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
Sorry all to ask, we are off out for xmas, if we upgrade our 14 day passes, not annual passes but not use them ( upgrade on our last day) do they cover for a year from the day they are used? We are going, in august 2019 and then thinking also august 2020, so effectively can we upgrade for $50, and use for 2019 and 2020?
No, the annual pass would be valid from the first day you used the original ticket (the 14 day ticket you upgraded). e.g. if you first used the UK exclusive 14 day ticket on 1st December then upgraded that ticket on 14th December, the annual pass would expire 1 year later on 1st December.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Great thread.
I have an unused 2park ticket which i bought for $79 inc tax back in 2008! (Actually I bought 3 of them, but used 2 earlier this year! ) I'm thinking of upgrading this 1 ticket to a Power Pass AND buying online another power pass OR a preferred pass using flex payments.
As we will be looking to book cabana bay beach for 5 nights in july, any idea if we'd get a room discount? Is the discount the same for both passes? Whats the benefit of the preferred over the power pass.We will be going in july.

Thanks a million.

ps i also read somewhere there are food discounts too with some AP's-happy days

-Actually, now I think of it, I may be as well just using the $79 ticket for the week i'll be there and buy 1 other ticket/AP for the discounts.
Depends if i'm going the following year or not. If I am, it will be worth while upgrading the $79 ticket .

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 11:13 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Is there any difference in the value they place on the 3 park and 2 park UK tickets? I notice the price is the same for both here but not sure how Universal translates this into a value for the AP upgrade.

Or based on how many issues people are having upgrading a 3 park UK ticket to a 2 park annual pass is it better just to buy a 2 park ticket here? I have no interest in going to Volcano Bay so don't really want to buy a 3 park AP.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you don't want to go to VB then just buy a 2 park pass. No bother upgrading then.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List