Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I wasn't joking re the use of the word mental :-(
Apologies if I've offended...it's never my intention!
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I was hoping at some point to use my VA miles for reward flights but availability is not great. It is a gamble to be honest and I can’t advise. Sorry!
No worries at all, thanks anyway! I'll update you if we decide to chance our luck and ride it out for reward flights
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I would always go direct.
...so would I in an ideal world...but Virgin fly drive is currently sitting at around Ł4700 ...and not even on the day we need! And TC flight only is around the Ł4000 mark. We felt reward flights was our ideal option but it's a bit risky given how popular yet limited the direct from Scotland route is. If BA were coming in dearer it'd be easier to wait but Ł1600 return for the 4 of is isn't to be sniffed at...it's actually less than we paid going with Delta on our very first trip back in 2007

Thanks for your advice anyway though
Old 4 Nov 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by -kat- View Post
Apologies if I've offended...it's never my intention!
I understand that completely Kat, just trying to educate people. :-)

People don't " joke" about cancer yet the word " mental" seems to be used out of context in a jokey way all the time

I'd take the price on the table by the way
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I fly indirect a lot , including a lot in winter . Never any issues bar one in a decade.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No worries at all, thanks anyway! I'll update you if we decide to chance our luck and ride it out for reward flights
Please do! I’d like to know if there’s any hope!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Please do! I’d like to know if there’s any hope!
Finally! Thought I'd let you know that there is hope! But, unfortunately we bottled it months ago and booked BA
And then for some weird ass reason I decided in my stupid infinite wisdom to check Virgin purely out of curiosity...and yes...there they were...flipping reward flights! So it could've cost us around Ł874 plus 100,000 miles for 4 of us to go on a direct flight on our exact dates

On a plus note, there's availability if any of you lucky folks fancy a cheeky wee break! Oh...and we now know that's it's possible for future reference

To be fair, we couldn't really risk it with having the cruise booked etc anyhoo, and if reward flights weren't available our flights option are either crazy expensive or crazily indirect & expensive! Our BA flights are all booked and paid for so no use being glum about it...plus I guess we kinda have flights banked for future use with Virgin...focusing on the positives
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Finally! Thought I'd let you know that there is hope! But, unfortunately we bottled it months ago and booked BA
And then for some weird ass reason I decided in my stupid infinite wisdom to check Virgin purely out of curiosity...and yes...there they were...flipping reward flights! So it could've cost us around Ł874 plus 100,000 miles for 4 of us to go on a direct flight on our exact dates

On a plus note, there's availability if any of you lucky folks fancy a cheeky wee break! Oh...and we now know that's it's possible for future reference

To be fair, we couldn't really risk it with having the cruise booked etc anyhoo, and if reward flights weren't available our flights option are either crazy expensive or crazily indirect & expensive! Our BA flights are all booked and paid for so no use being glum about it...plus I guess we kinda have flights banked for future use with Virgin...focusing on the positives
Good to know but obviously not good for you . I have enough miles for a PE return so I’m hoping to use them for next year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Good to know but obviously not good for you . I have enough miles for a PE return so I’m hoping to use them for next year.
Awe heck...it's not all bad though...not long till we go
And like you, we should have enough for PE return next trip seeing as we didn't get to use them this time round ...it's good to have that to look forward to at least!
Old 14 Aug 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you tried pricing the GLA/PHL/MCO route through BA? Our youngest son got quite sick flying back due to the lack of proper sleep/bit of turbulence on landing. On that route you would land a bit later into Orlando but as a domestic passenger but on the way home you're landing into Glasgow around 7am