Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Dec 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyismybff View Post
We go for cold drinks at Starbucks to avoid the cross contamination on the machines, though I have to admit they look much cleaner at the parks than in my local Starbucks at home! But it's good advice to say it's an allergy just so they are aware and can be careful. I had a barista get ice from the back for a cold drink once when we said that as she knew there had been a spill over the ice earlier and said although it was cleaned up, it wouldn't be emptied and completely disinfected until after close, so she'd rather get us ice that hadn't made it to the front line yet. I would never have thought of such a thing and we were really lucky that she did. I've never really asked for ice from somewhere else or anything because I don't know how that works and I doubt it's consistent from one location to another, but sometimes I do that terribly British thing of not wanting to be a fuss so I don't mention it and in retrospect, it's definitely better when I do. So don't have that thought - it's not a fuss!
Maybe there are extra requirements for the Disney SB branches as they are so allergy friendly.

I'll try to remember that i'm not making a fuss
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
They will make any drink with any coffee and milk you like, but the pumpkin spice sauce has dairy (condensed milk from memory) in it. The gingerbread latte is fine without the toppings though, as the syrup itself is dairy free.

Most baristas are very good at making as directed but I do always keep an eye on them to make sure they're using the right milk. I've only had a few occasions where they've messed up (I get Starbucks a lot - it's my indulgence ) and it's normally because the person taking the order wrote it down wrong. I always use the mobile app now, as it prints up all the changes on a sticker so they can't miss it.

They have a very extensive allergens list here: starbucks/quick-links/nutrition-info (note this is the UK one, there may be some variations when travelling to the US due to different suppliers so always ask if you're unsure)
Ordering on the app is a good idea, although i'd probably go over everything again just to be sure.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Ordering on the app is a good idea, although i'd probably go over everything again just to be sure.
Oh yeah, I still watch them. My local uses a separate machine for decaf, so I instantly know if that's correct. And the milk/blender jugs are all labelled for non-dairy items. Mine are also good for cleaning the steam wand before making a non-dairy drink as well. Although as someone already said, the iced drinks are generally safer since there's no steam involved.

My favourite is an almond milk iced caramel macchiato. And sometimes I'll get the cinnamon syrup instead of vanilla. YUM! Although saying that, I'd need to look up the caramel drizzle ingredients - I am lucky that I don't need to worry about small amounts of dairy so don't always check those.

ETA: Yes the drizzle has dairy in it. But you could do an iced latte instead, very similar.

Edited at 07:21 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List