Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jan 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm sure there will be lots of feedback long before your DDD
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'm sure there will be lots of feedback long before your DDD
Guaranteed on the Dibb 😀. I should probably be flattered if I did get asked for ID at my age ☺
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
It is the ID part I am a bit concerned about. I don't have a driving licence so it seems I will need to carry my passport. I am a little over 50 so obviously I don't usually get asked for ID even in Florida, but I think Disney will be asking everyone now with the included drinks.

I would be happier just showing photo of passport on phone but not sure if this will be enough. Maybe some feedback on this will be available soon.
I was just watching a Tim Tracker video and he showed this

This was at Typhoon Lagoon
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I was just watching a Tim Tracker video and he showed this

This was at Typhoon Lagoon
Thank you, that is really helpful. Although it does mean I will have to take my passport then as I don't have any other photo ID.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Thank you, that is really helpful. Although it does mean I will have to take my passport then as I don't have any other photo ID.
To be fair it's not a DIsney issue , it's a US thing. The first time I was ever carded was at the grand old age of 27 at Atlanta airport.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
To be fair it's not a DIsney issue , it's a US thing. The first time I was ever carded was at the grand old age of 27 at Atlanta airport.
Yes, I appreciate that, it is just one of those things. I have never been carded in the US (as I am so very old 😀 ) but I think Disney will be checking more now with the included drinks.

I guess passport will be on me at all times so safe enough really but I think we just all panic about losing passports. I wouldn't take it to a waterpark but then I wouldn't want alcohol at a waterpark anyway.
Old 6 Jan 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

My mum got asked for ID in Bahama Breeze at age 54
Now she does look good but not under 21 (sorry mum)
As far as I understand it’s the server that would be trouble so they ask everybody
And yes I think it will be enforced more now that’s part of the ddp
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Yes, I appreciate that, it is just one of those things. I have never been carded in the US (as I am so very old 😀 ) but I think Disney will be checking more now with the included drinks.

I guess passport will be on me at all times so safe enough really but I think we just all panic about losing passports. I wouldn't take it to a waterpark but then I wouldn't want alcohol at a waterpark anyway.
I thought I was very old then... as a forty and fifty something I've never been carded in Vegas , Chicago, Phoenix, NYC etc but have in Florida but I'm a lightweight and don't regularly drink anyway , Florida in general is stricter though and I agree Disney may just make it blanket to protect themselves.

I see an "Oldest dibber to be carded" thread in the future

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Old 6 Jan 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Surely it is enforced by the server / Cast Member? They see how many adults / kids there are in the party and how many credits are on the bands. If they are unsure they would always ask to see ID.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOUISEACAT View Post
I don't have a drivers licence so will I have to carry my passport around?
Don't really want to...
Bit confused by your question. The situation is no different to normal. Your still buying alcohol. They are can you for proof of age as they please. The bands don’t act as proof of age.

I was carded twice on my last visit. Once in Disney and once in the airport. I’m 37.

Edited at 01:18 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List