Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Mar 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Applebees on the 192. Awful service and mediocre food.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Easy. Top 3 are Citricos, Jiko's and Artist Point. The worst Signatures are Paddlefish and Flying Fish.

Hidden gems for 1 credit are the Wave, Olivia's, Turf Club and Grand Floridian Cafe. Don't touch the Maya Grill and Kona Cafe.
Interesting that you mention Flying Fish. I used to love that restaurant until they revamped it, and now I hate it and yet I completely seem to be in the minority with folk absolutely raving about it.
To me it's a bit like The Emperors New Clothes. It has fancy descriptions, small unidentified hard shapes and blobs of smeared stuff on the plate therefore it must be good! Oh and it's very highly priced!That must mean that it's amazing!
Now I do enjoy high end food and eat in a variety of upscale places when I feel like it, but just to me Flying Fish aspires to be on that level but fails!
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Interesting that you mention Flying Fish. I used to love that restaurant until they revamped it, and now I hate it and yet I completely seem to be in the minority with folk absolutely raving about it.
To me it's a bit like The Emperors New Clothes. It has fancy descriptions, small unidentified hard shapes and blobs of smeared stuff on the plate therefore it must be good! Oh and it's very highly priced!That must mean that it's amazing!
Now I do enjoy high end food and eat in a variety of upscale places when I feel like it, but just to me Flying Fish aspires to be on that level but fails!
Get rid of the potato crusted snapper and lose your customers. So strange. They forgot the customer rules not the chef.
When my server friends say don't touch it that speaks volumes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Get rid of the potatoe crusted snapper and lose your customers. So strange. They forgot the customer rules not the chef.
When I discovered that snapper dish it was truly one of the best dishes that I'd ever eaten. It drew me back time and time again. For goodness sake it was their signature dish!
Sadly, I do wonder whether getting rid of it was all done in the name of yet another Disney economy. Apparently the chef Tim Keating whose creation the snapper dish was was about to be "reassigned elsewhere!" That's probably Disney speak for bringing in someone else who would reduce portions and increase prices all in the name of profit. Oh sorry wrong word progress!

Edited at 10:48 PM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just saw the nickle and diming continues, at Peco Bills they removed the guacamole from the fixings bar. Want that now, and you have to pay extra.
They are gradually removing the more expensive items from these fixings bars throughout the park.
This demonstrates how, despite rising prices, someone is reducing the cost of the food unfortunately.
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just saw the nickle and diming continues, at Peco Bills they removed the guacamole from the fixings bar. Want that now, and you have to pay extra.
They are gradually removing the more expensive items from these fixings bars throughout the park.
This demonstrates how, despite rising prices, someone is reducing the cost of the food unfortunately.
Well they only made billions profit in the last quarter so can't afford guacamole obviously!
Old 20 Mar 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pepsibubbles
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
I never get all the raving about Mannys. We went in 2016 for fajita night and enjoyed it so went back last year for fajita night. It was awful!

We also had a bad experience last year on Fajita night Wont bother again , Olive Garden is another that has gone down hill the pasta is like stodge
February... 2011/2012/2015... May ... 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019... June ... 2014...August ... 2009/2010/2011/2014/2017... September.. 2002/2003/2005/2013/2014/2015/2016/2018/2019... November ... 2017/2018
Pepsibubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List