Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
001_ATLANTIS
Serious Dibber

Codeshare Flights with Aer Lingus / BA

Just booked a BA flight (through 3rd party online site) but operated by Aer Lingus EDI-DUB-MC0 for August at about £550.

When I sign into the BA web site I can see my booking but there are no options to book seats in advance. It says assigned on check-in. I've also managed to access my booking on the Aer Lingus website but this also doesn't have the functionality that I would have expected. Has anyone encountered similar and is there any way around it? I really do want to reserve seats in advance!

I have tried calling BA directly but because I booked through a 3rd party website they won't deal with me.
001_ATLANTIS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

You could maybe try calling Aer Lingus?

We booked a similar flight last year but we departed from Glasgow. We were able to book seats on all flights for free but we made the booking with Aer Lingus and not through BA.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

A couple of possibilities. Have you paid in full? if not once you have then you should be able to book seats. Or the fare you have purchased is a special fare cobbled together by the agent and it doesn't allow seat bookings.
jim jehosofat is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

We did similar last year, and I rang AL to book our free seat reservations.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
001_ATLANTIS
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
A couple of possibilities. Have you paid in full? if not once you have then you should be able to book seats. Or the fare you have purchased is a special fare cobbled together by the agent and it doesn't allow seat bookings.
Fully paid for so maybe the last point you make is the reason. I bought online through a web based travel company and not directly from the airline.
001_ATLANTIS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

We did ours through ba last year. Just rang them for a reference number then rang Aer lingus to book our seats, which are free of charge. It was very easy so might be worth just ringing AL direct. We couldn’t book our Aer lingus leg online either so I wouldn’t worry that the reason you can’t do it is because you booked through a 3rd party.

Edited at 10:47 PM.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Aer Lingus have changed their 'saver fare' seat option. This is their basic economy seat.It no longer allows a 'free seat reservation' for long haul flights to USA.

To get this, you must now book the 2nd economy seat option.

Your agent may have booked you on the 1st cheaper option and thats why you cannot reserve a seat. There may be a cost involved.

Call Aer Lingus. We were in a similar position this year BUT our 'code share' partner HAD booked the 'free seat'option for us, and AL reserved 2 seats for us, when I rang them to explain.

Hope you get it sorted.I like the AL airbus from ireland. so much more room than the 3 seaters and single aisle aircraft that United operate from Dublin.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

I gad tge same issue, flying LHR-DUB on BA, then DUB-MCO on Aer Lingus.
I could book the BA flight but not the Aer Lingus part and couldn’t do it on Aer Lingus website as it’s part of an itinerary
Rang AL up and with the seat guru seat map they booked them on the phone
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

This seems to be where you would do it if you have the right kind of tickets

aerlingus/html/trip-mgmt.html#?select=1

Just needs the confirmation number and surname on the tickets.

I've not used Aer Lingus though so this may not work, but worth a try as you said you couldn't find where to do it

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Also was unable to book seats when via BA but phoned Aer Lingus and all sorted.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List