Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Apr 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
How do people have snack credits left over?

We're hoping to head back to WDW in 2020 and are contemplating an on-site stay with free QSDP. I've been reading various trip reports and several people mention not using all their snack credits during their stay but buying loads of snacks in the gift shops on their final day to take home.

I'm just wondering how people manage not to use them all? I'm thinking that you have lunch and dinner, use 1 snack credit for an ice cream and 1 for breakfast, or maybe a dessert after dinner?

I'm intrigued?
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

As am I. I can’t belief they wouldn’t all just go.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

A lot of people seem to share snacks or QS meals as they are big enough to split so won't use the daily quota per person.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn’t believe it till we did it but honestly there is too much food to eat.

We had tonnes lesft over after each holiday so swapped them into sweets etc to take home.

We shared qs between 3 of us as 1 each for lunch was too much just too much food
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I wrote a qsdp food report last year with photos of everything we ate and what credits we used. A read of that will help answer how people can have credits left over. We were there with 2 teenagers and during the epcot garden festival too. I will add that we do take cereal with us for quick breakfasts in our rooms on days when we just want to head out to the parks, plus we're not huge fans of muffins or pastries for breakfast too. You can find it here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1013966

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of factors - Meal sharing, off site days, TS meals, not wanting to “waste” credits on drinks so paying OOP, etc

I’m solo with no offsite days planned, so I’m expecting to not have any credits left unless I do TS meals which I have a few I’m considering.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I think some people get caught up in getting the 'best value' out of their credits so they'll decline to use them for things like bottles of water or soft drinks, and then inadvertently get to the end of the trip and have lots left over.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You also have days where you may go to universal, other parks or just offsite so that can start backing up that way
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

For me it was just too much food. I did my best to do as you say brekky, lunch, dinner and snack but by day 3 I had to stop because I was just feeling stuffed and uncomfortable and in the heat it’s not a nice feeling.

To give an example. On day 1 for breakfast I got a pastry which was massive, sweet and so filling that I wasn’t hungry until 2pm so had lunch then and it was again a big portion and then at 8pm I still was full but shoved in a salad dinner to get the value out of my credits and the salad was delicious but so filling with nuts and cheese. I had a snack credit left over because I just didn’t have room for an ice-cream or a cookie. My husband was throwing away about a third of all his food and I hate throwing away food So after day 3 I forgot about trying to use all the credits and get max value and focused on eating some of the goodies I was looking forward to like the Nutella waffles and the peanut butter cup and if I was too full for dinner I just used a snack credit for a frozen banana. We used up our credits in the bakery on our last day and brought our goodies home and ate them in bed before passing out from jet lag.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As others have said it’s a mixture of reasons. We didn’t have many left last year but we’ve been many times and used them for anything classed as a snack. We still had 5 between us though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List