Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Apr 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Its easy to fall into the trap of thinking the most filling snack is the best value. Something like the enormous ice cream cookie sandwiches at MK are more food than many normal meals. Most people unlikely to eat two things like that plus normal meals vs using them for nice drinks or less filling snacks
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I am following this with interest. There are just 2 of us in October and I do not particularly want credits left over for sweets to bring home, but do not want to waste credits on water/soft drinks/Starbucks and run out half way through the holiday.

We have one and a half days offsite at Clearwater and a mall, but we are also there at food and drink festival so feel we may use quite a few snack credits there plus icecreams (as we love icecreams 😀 ) However I do feel we will share a qs meal some days too. Any hints on how to monitor our usage and maximise our credits best?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Mobile

Some qs places you can use them for sides to augment a meal. I like a mid morning iced coffee every day with one of mine and don't consider it a waste at all. They're great for breakfast items but there's always the temptation to get some enormous unhealthy pastry instead of the fruit that you came in for
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Mobile

I think you might be able to monitor your usage on the MDE app now albeit I haven't tried that myself yet. The tally of credits left should also be on any dining plan receipts
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post

I think some people don’t want to “waste” them on certain items so end up buying things OOP and then having credits left over. We sometimes used snack credits for a meal, but we were also very happy to use them for an iced coffee, coffee or an ice cream.

Despite this we still have a few left over. I feel no inclination to go and buy a load of junk, sugary rubbish to take home. It isn’t compulsory to use up credits as far as I know. I am happy to leave with some credits left over.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've done QSDP twice now (5 days and 9 days) and both times we've only had a handful of snack credits to use on the last day, even with sharing meals and time offsite. We don't pay for table service meals, so that helps.

On our 5 day trip, we paid OOP for drinks and didn't "waste" credits on snacks that were under $4 and still managed to get through them all. We had 4 left on our last afternoon, but only because at a couple of places the magic band scanner wasn't working which meant we had to pay cash.

On our last trip, we were starting to build up a few credits in the first few days, so started using them for drinks / slushies which helped a lot with keeping our spending down. We even used our credits on the day we went to Clearwater, getting breakfast plus drinks and snacks to take with us at Boardwalk Bakery in the morning, and having a late meal at our resort when we got back.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
We've done QSDP twice now (5 days and 9 days) and both times we've only had a handful of snack credits to use on the last day, even with sharing meals and time offsite. We don't pay for table service meals, so that helps.

On our 5 day trip, we paid OOP for drinks and didn't "waste" credits on snacks that were under $4 and still managed to get through them all. We had 4 left on our last afternoon, but only because at a couple of places the magic band scanner wasn't working which meant we had to pay cash.

On our last trip, we were starting to build up a few credits in the first few days, so started using them for drinks / slushies which helped a lot with keeping our spending down. We even used our credits on the day we went to Clearwater, getting breakfast plus drinks and snacks to take with us at Boardwalk Bakery in the morning, and having a late meal at our resort when we got back.
Thanks, this seems like a good idea, limiting credits to over $4 items until towards the end of the holiday at least. Also a good idea on Clearwater trip day to use snack credits to take with us.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
I think you might be able to monitor your usage on the MDE app now albeit I haven't tried that myself yet. The tally of credits left should also be on any dining plan receipts
Thanks, good to know we can monitor credits via MDE. We can adjust halfway through holiday if we are using too many or too few
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Some qs places you can use them for sides to augment a meal. I like a mid morning iced coffee every day with one of mine and don't consider it a waste at all. They're great for breakfast items but there's always the temptation to get some enormous unhealthy pastry instead of the fruit that you came in for
I do think a lot of ours will be used for coffees and pastries 😁 Not on fruit
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think some people don’t want to “waste” them on certain items so end up buying things OOP and then having credits left over. We sometimes used snack credits for a meal, but we were also very happy to use them for an iced coffee, coffee or an ice cream.

Despite this we still have a few left over. I feel no inclination to go and buy a load of junk, sugary rubbish to take home. It isn’t compulsory to use up credits as far as I know. I am happy to leave with some credits left over.
I agree, we aren't big sweet eaters so would prefer to use snack credits on coffees than sweets to bring home.

It's qs credits I feel we may struggle with. We will use a ts each day but will be sharing a qs sometimes with a snack credit to make the meal up. Can we use a qs on snacks? And if so, is it 2 snacks for a qs credit?