Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 May 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

We have tried this three times and failed, we blamed it on the heat

There are F&W kiosks before you enter the world showcase, where you can pick up a complimentary little booklet with all the countries in it together with their menus.

We purchased a gift card which you could wear on your wrist so you didn't have to faff around with cash or credit card. I think there was a minimum limit of $30 but I not too sure. We loaded $150 on our card, which you can also use in the gift shops.

If on the DDP you can use your snack credits against the food.
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

out of interest how is it policed (for want of a better word)?

do disney security handle it or are there actual police about in case it gets out of hand?

i know its disney but heat & alcohol and a "challenge" surely gets a bit lively at times?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
a Scotsman, wasn't up for the challenge...To be honest, I haven't travelled 3000 miles to get blootered at WDW,
The scotsman I was with did.

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
i know its disney but heat & alcohol and a "challenge" surely gets a bit lively at times?
Never seen any extra security as such but then again, I've never seen any trouble during the F&W (or any other time really). It does get a little boisterous at weekends, so we tend to avoid then but that's personal preference. Some people like the lively atmosphere.

However, over the years I have read on the DIBB about a few not very nice situations. Sun and alcohol. As I posted in the link to our drinking around the world above, I just tend to go sleepy as opposed to party time. Rock'n roll baby - rock'n roll.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

do disney security handle it or are there actual police about in case it gets out of hand?

You may not see it but drunkenness is becoming a big problem in Epcot. I was talking to a guy in the pool yesterday who works at Disney and constantly has problems with drunks.
Personally I was accosted by a large drunken Swede while watching illuminations. He soon found out the old guy wouldn't back down and suddenly became friendly.
It could have been frightening for a family who wasn't used to dealing with aggression. 😠
Old 3 May 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49

There didn't seem to be any security about when I was riding a small child's bike down past the Yacht Club around 1:30am after an evening of drinking around the world, followed by a visit to ESPN and then a good old session in Jellyrolls.

Not that I remember the bike bit, but there's video evidence.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
There didn't seem to be any security about when I was riding a small child's bike down past the Yacht Club around 1:30am after an evening of drinking around the world, followed by a visit to ESPN and then a good old session in Jellyrolls.

Not that I remember the bike bit, but there's video evidence.
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

From what we have seen at the weekends it’s your typical group behaviour when a bunch of adult friends get together and have a few drinks. We have never seen any violence or aggression, and have seen much worse at our local seaside town midweek. Yes they are boisterous and loud, walking and acting like we all have after a skinfull - and why shouldn’t they? They are locals enjoying a local event at a weekend after a hard weeks work, so I say good for them. It’s also very tame compared to the majority of European hotspots.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pegasus928 View Post
From what we have seen at the weekends it’s your typical group behaviour when a bunch of adult friends get together and have a few drinks. We have never seen any violence or aggression, and have seen much worse at our local seaside town midweek. Yes they are boisterous and loud, walking and acting like we all have after a skinfull - and why shouldn’t they? They are locals enjoying a local event at a weekend after a hard weeks work, so I say good for them. It’s also very tame compared to the majority of European hotspots.
It’s hit and miss evidently as we witnessed an event that could have very much got out of hand last year (as per my above post).
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
crux
Apprentice Imagineer

It's one reason we avoid EPCOT World Showcase in the evening, especially at the weekend. WDW is supposed to be a family friendly place, but the atmosphere in EPCOT WS at night during F&W Festival is not nice at all. You can call me an 'old fart' if you want, but I don't understand why we should have to put up with public displays of drunkenness in a WDW theme park.
Beach Club Villas 2003 2006 2009 2012 2014 2015 2018
Boardwalk Villas 2016
crux is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm partial to a drink and have been known to overdo it, but for me this isn't what WDW is all about. And I certainly don't want to feel threatened at EPCOT while enjoying the F&W Festival next year. I appreciate the heads-up to avoid the weekends particularly.
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List