Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 May 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Me and hubby are going to do a variation of this. The kids are going to try the snacking round the world (A snack in each country) and were going to have a mix of a snack in one and a drink in the next. We'll probably have to share some drinks. I'm a lightweight x
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by blainy View Post
I'm partial to a drink and have been known to overdo it, but for me this isn't what WDW is all about.
For you, maybe not, but for us enjoying a fair few drinks in WDW, be it in Epcot, the Studios, visiting bar, going to Jellyrolls or having some cocktails and wine with dinner.

We're not rowdy, we're not unruly and we're not aggressive (although we might ride small bikes we find early in the morning). But we're on holiday and we'll have a drink (or two or three) if we want one!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Done it quite a few times 1/2 pint in each world or a full one if it’s a nice a beer allways finish in the Rose and Crown - as for the groups of young Americans doing it at the food and wine festival all I can say is “I’ve supped more paint”
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
For you, maybe not, but for us enjoying a fair few drinks in WDW, be it in Epcot, the Studios, visiting bar, going to Jellyrolls or having some cocktails and wine with dinner.

We're not rowdy, we're not unruly and we're not aggressive (although we might ride small bikes we find early in the morning). But we're on holiday and we'll have a drink (or two or three) if we want one!
Please tell me you are going to be there in Nov 2019! You guys are exactly the type of people we would want to see on our drinks around the world tour, or end up sitting next to at jelly rolls! 😁

(Just to add, for anyone who may now be concerned about being in Epcot when we are there, please dont worry lol! We are middle aged and not rowdy. We just like to enjoy ourselves and have a damn good time on holiday. Especially now the kids are grown up so we can relax and enjoy a few drinks! My husband is a big, friendly Australian, who loves a beer, a laugh and a chat &#128522
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post
Please tell me you are going to be there in Nov 2019! You guys are exactly the type of people we would want to see on our drinks around the world tour, or end up sitting next to at jelly rolls! 😁

(Just to add, for anyone who may now be concerned about being in Epcot when we are there, please dont worry lol! We are middle aged and not rowdy. We just like to enjoy ourselves and have a damn good time on holiday. Especially now the kids are grown up so we can relax and enjoy a few drinks! My husband is a big, friendly Australian, who loves a beer, a laugh and a chat &#128522
And this is exactly what we have seen when we have been there. Why people feel the need to run for the hills and hide because a group of locals decide to spend their weekend having a good time is beyond me. We always go to Florida in October, always visit F&W around 10 times during our 3 weeks there and - shock horror - we even go on a weekend. As I have said before we have yet to see anything other than friends getting together and having a laugh and a drink. Nothing more sinister than what my own grown up kids do in this country on a weekend. If it was half as bad as posters here would have you believe I'm sure you would see a high security/police presence similar to that at HHN.
And to say that WDW isn't about having a drink is a bit bizarre considering its called the Food and WINE festival
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We should have a DIBB beer tasting trip in 2019 - don't twist my arm to much or I will sign up straight away
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We do this but not all on one day, I like the Wine Walk too - which is 2 small glasses of wine in each of Germany, France and Italy; Schofferhoffer grapefruit beer in Germany, Grey Goose slushes in France ...
During the F&W festival there even more different drinks on offer at each country and stand.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by blainy View Post
I'm partial to a drink and have been known to overdo it, but for me this isn't what WDW is all about. And I certainly don't want to feel threatened at EPCOT while enjoying the F&W Festival next year. I appreciate the heads-up to avoid the weekends particularly.
We usually go (as a 21+ vat couple) during F&W time, in fact its one reason we stay at BC so we can easily walk in and out of the WS. We've never felt threatened or unhappy. WDW isn't about just drinking and certainly not about being drunk, I appreciate that, but this is a Food and Wine festival so the idea is to taste food and drinks and it's good fun, especially when pairing the drinks with food using your QS and snack credits. Over drinks we've had great conversations with people from all over the world, just enjoying themselves like us and we're the least rowdy people you'll ever meet .
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve seen annoying drunk people in Epcot. I’ve also seen annoying sober people in Epcot (and every other park)

One thing I’d note is that a night drinking at Epcot is very expensive so it’s never going to be hordes of people (holidays aside)

There are definitely better options for families with young kids on a weekend night but don’t see anything wrong with WDW offering different activities for different types of holidaymaker
Old 4 May 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post

School-aged children preclude that unfortunately, although it clearly doesn't stop me just heading off by myself (see signature).

Love the kids as we undoubtedly do, I'd be fibbing if I were to say that we're not looking forward to the time we can just head off by ourselves!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List