Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jun 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
It was in 2015 when we went but Chefs was my least favourite meal onsite. Nothing particularly wrong with it but it didn't stand out. I don't think I'd go back.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
I think it’s really underrated, we loved our meal there & the setting was lovely.

These looks delicious. I think the gateau is winning DD over 😊
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It is gorgeous, and wonderfully themed, I really did think I could have been in France.
I'l use this as a starting point to give you my perspective, as a french guy.

I'm not flying 5000 miles to eat french cuisine in an overpriced location like a theme park, when I can get it at home. (and even you guys from the UK are just a stone throw away from france)

Now, as far as the Cuisine goes, the vast majority of the pictures shown on this thread were of dishes you could get at other, non french, restaurants. (steak and french fries, chocolate cake, and so on ... well ...) so apart from some signature dishes, most of us here probably wouldn't order (seing the pictures that were posted, those who posted didn't) the food is not set this restaurant apart of whatever you can find elsewhere

and, again, if it's a matter of atmosphere ... well, Paris is a 2hrs train ride from London ... so there might be better experiences to do when you're 5000 miles from home.

now I totally appreciate the atmosphere, and how "exotic" french atmosphere would sound, even as a break from the US bubble. But, in my opinon, this, as well as food make it a rather overrated restaurants.

it's a bit like entering a pizza hut and feeling in Italy because of the checkered red and white tablecloth, and some music in the background :p

(again, I'm French, so I should be very "chauvin" vis-ΰ-vis a French Restaurant, but, well ... no ...

Edited at 01:10 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't make me change my mind again Oliver123 and gjdjud 😀. I guess, as with all meals, some will love it and some won't. Shame you both didn't enjoy it. I hope we do now, as I am sure to hear from DD if we don't 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Chefs de France was awful when we went, food wasn’t good at all, service wasn’t either, extremely miserable server, I felt a bit Ill after too, we had strawberry cake & profiteroles to share for dessert & both were nothing special, similar standard to the cakes you get at a chain bakery we thought, 100% not worth what we paid, we’ve never had dining plan so paid oop

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
speedy
Excited about Disney

Been twice, the first time was so-so, so we decided to give it another go (after good reviews)

The 2nd time it was worse, horrible, cold food & uninterested servers-Stick to Teppan edo, it wins hands down!
Old 25 Jun 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LexiBantam
Excited about Disney

It was our favorite 1TS meal in 2016. All four of us loved our meal, our server was fabulous, and we ended the meal just in time for illuminations. So many lovely Disney restaurants to try, but this is one we're thinking of going back to in 2019, because we enjoyed it so much

Have a great holiday, and a magical birthday, wherever you end up
LexiBantam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

Chef De France is a big favourite of ours and we visit every year. We are going there on the 4th July this year and paying out of pocket no dining plan. The French onion soup is excellent and plenty choice. There are some pretty nice bottles of wine on the wine list , we tend to go for the Pouilly Fuisse which is a lovely dry white.

The place just has a great ambience and we have always been well looked after. I would say you are making the correct choice for your birthday meal.
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

Chefs de France v Art Smith's Homecoming.

I'm in catering here in Orlando and I've been to both places. I can't really compare them as they are different types of restaurant.
Chefs de France was good, but considering who runs it (Jerome Bocuse, son of legendary French chef Paul Bocuse), I thought it would be better. Homecoming was excellent, they do the simple food that I like. In 13 years of living in Orlando I can count the number of times that everything on my plate has been five stars on one hand, and Homecoming is one of them.

You'll enjoy whichever place you go to, and try the other one on your next visit!

Edited at 03:07 AM.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You've sort of summed up how I feel about eating at the Rose and Crown as a Brit

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I'l use this as a starting point to give you my perspective, as a french guy.

I'm not flying 5000 miles to eat french cuisine in an overpriced location like a theme park, when I can get it at home. (and even you guys from the UK are just a stone throw away from france)

Now, as far as the Cuisine goes, the vast majority of the pictures shown on this thread were of dishes you could get at other, non french, restaurants. (steak and french fries, chocolate cake, and so on ... well ...) so apart from some signature dishes, most of us here probably wouldn't order (seing the pictures that were posted, those who posted didn't) the food is not set this restaurant apart of whatever you can find elsewhere

and, again, if it's a matter of atmosphere ... well, Paris is a 2hrs train ride from London ... so there might be better experiences to do when you're 5000 miles from home.

now I totally appreciate the atmosphere, and how "exotic" french atmosphere would sound, even as a break from the US bubble. But, in my opinon, this, as well as food make it a rather overrated restaurants.

it's a bit like entering a pizza hut and feeling in Italy because of the checkered red and white tablecloth, and some music in the background :p

(again, I'm French, so I should be very "chauvin" vis-ΰ-vis a French Restaurant, but, well ... no ...
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List