Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 May 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

If you spend all day walking in the parks that helps a bit.

The heaviest person in our party back in 2012, obese for sure, actually lost weight over two weeks. The unhealthier you are the more calories you burn when you move. At least that's my understanding.

We did a lot of buffets last year and despite everyone claiming they were so hungry they'd eat everything, none of us ever did. The food imo isn't great either, so that helps a lot.

if you do enjoy Disney food, buffets are probably best avoided
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My best was 13 st 9 to 15 st 1 in two weeks on the deluxe dining plan!
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LaughingPlace View Post
JESUS!

I workout every other day for an hour and a half; running, swimming and weight training. For three weeks I did no exercise apart from walking in the parks, and we eat three meals a day. I put on 2 lb
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh my god , Laughing Place ! That could be me . I'm not really overweight but have a tendency to overdo it.

I will be following Claudette's lead and using sncak credits for water !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I have no thyroid so I have to watch my diet a bit more than the average person. The last 2 times we went to WDW I found the walking balanced out the eating very well and we mostly eat 3 big meals a day with no/little snacking. One time I was just bloated on my return and was back to normal in two days.. this last visit I gained 1.5kg which I lost in a week going back to my normal habbits.

My husband however walks less than everyone else (he averages 3 hours of park time a day, eats then naps and chills) and very importantly..drinks the most soda. He gained so much weight this last trip he was shocked. He is almost back to normal two months later but struggling to lose the last bit of weight which comes and goes. I think the free-refills are a killer because he was easily drinking 4 to 6 large sodas a day plus the occasional beer which is a huge amount of added calories as we never ever drink soda here at home. Plus all that morning juice.. we never drink juice back at home.

So I would say watch out for the drinks more than the food!
Old 11 May 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We actually found that the heat zapped our appetites and we didn't really want that much! Although I planned on having ice cream every day😀 I actually only had one the whole holiday! We didn't use many of our snacks at all and towards the latter part of the holiday used them on drinks so they wouldn't go wasted!
We ate at some Buffets and noticed we were the only ones piling our plates with salad and vegetables!
As others had said, we tended to eat similar to what we ate at home with the odd treat, and we just watched others stuffing their faces because they had paid for it! If that's what floats your boat then go for it, but we were happy nibbling on our offerings!
I might be plump, but I actually have a small appetite so quite often I just ordered a child's portion and used an Adult credit. Some would say a waste of money, but I was happy with my choices and I think that is what matters rather than getting best value!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

That's another good idea, having a kids' meal. I would never drink soft drinks anyway so that won't be an issue.
Wine and cocktails will be a different story lol...
Old 11 May 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
princess nicky
Apprentice Imagineer

On our last trip I put 8 pounds on, that's even with all the walking I did and going to the gym a couple of times.
Old 11 May 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

I reckon I'm in for half a stone minimum. If I could keep it to that it wouldn't be too bad!
Old 11 May 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Wow! That must have been in the region of 6000-7000 calories a day
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List