Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 May 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I really couldn't care less about gaining on a 2 week holiday. Normally walk it off anyway
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I really take very little notice of whether what I am eating on holiday is healthy or not. It’s 2 weeks for me to let go and have whatever I want. A bit of behaving yourself before and after cancels it out.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

If you have the full DDP which includes a table service meal each day book at least a couple of signature restaurants. They will take up two credits per meal and its quality over quantity. Then just spread out the counter service meals and snacks more as you'll have days you don't have a table service meal.
Snack credits can be used for bottles of water or fruit. I find it's the calorie laden cocktails that don't help.
Water parks can be a good calorie burner. Try walking up the steps for the slides at Blizzard Beach a dozen times😀
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Judy that's a great idea re Signatures. Although that said I am having enough trouble narrowing down my TS options. The only Signature I am hoping to book is Flying Fish.

Although having read Rescuer's report I am liking the sound of The Hollwood Derby in HS. Is that the right name ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
Judy that's a great idea re Signatures. Although that said I am having enough trouble narrowing down my TS options. The only Signature I am hoping to book is Flying Fish.

Although having read Rescuer's report I am liking the sound of The Hollwood Derby in HS. Is that the right name ?
Yes, Hollywood Brown Derby. It was our standout meal last year. We have eaten at the Flying Fish but not for a few years but we really liked it there and it is on my list for 2019.
Old 12 May 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
My secret is to diet before you, try and loose around 6 I lbs then you can eat as much as you like. I have started to cut back at home on biscuits, crisps sugary things eat smaller portions and more fruit and try and limit my calorie intake already in preparation. In two weeks I have lost 4.5 lbs, never had to diet before, but the menopause has caused the pounds to pile on. I am aiming to loose another 5 lbs before August.

I look at it I am on holiday, if I want a bun from the bakery in France I am going to have it, along with the dole whip and everything else. I will cut out the soda and just have water. If I come back heavier so be it.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Rescuer. Might try it. Don't know about using too many signatures with the kids ( they will be 16, 15, 13,11 and 9 when we travel ). Hope it wouldn't be 'wasted' on them.

They love food too but wondering might the signatures be a bit sophisticated for them.

Scarecrow I definitely plan to do the same, make sure I am under my normal weight before I go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
Thanks Rescuer. Might try it. Don't know about using too many signatures with the kids ( they will be 16, 15, 13,11 and 9 when we travel ). Hope it wouldn't be 'wasted' on them.

They love food too but wondering might the signatures be a bit sophisticated for them.

Scarecrow I definitely plan to do the same, make sure I am under my normal weight before I go.
A couple will be fine. My ds is 10 now and as much as he loves the food he’s not great with too many dinners that are longer than the standard ones which is really fair enough considering he’s dining out every day on holiday.
Old 12 May 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
DH and I were just discussing earlier today how we (luckily) never seem to put on weight on our holidays. We've never actually weighed ourselves, but our clothes still fit 😀

Like others have said it all down to the walking - we racked up between 22000-26500 steps per day last year 👟👟👟
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
I think we just about broke even on our honeymoon last year and we had DxDDP. As others have said, the amount of walking tends to even out how much weight you'd put on.

You can eat as healthily or unhealthily as you want. Most food outlets do have healthy options with chicken and/or salad or wraps instead of burgers etc etc.

If you like running, most resorts do have running trails as well, which can be quite pleasant on a morning when it's not too hot.
tracey1302 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List