Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jun 18, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It depends. You can easily not spend any additional cash on food with DDP however in reality there may be times when you do. If you go offsite for any reason around mealtimes then you’re going to want to buy something rather than be hungry until you get back to Disney. Going to any of the other parks you’ll spend money on food and if you happen to be out shopping at lunchtime you’ll likely buy food.

Even if you stay exclusively onsite it’s possible if you book signature meals. We spent quite a bit more last time because we had 4 signatures and through circumstance chose to have another couple of TS meals on the day. We were also there during Irma so had to buy some supplies we couldn’t have got on DDP. We’d had various plans to use snack credits as meals but between Irma and just not being in the mood at the time that didn’t happen.

If you don’t have many signature meals, don’t go offsite and are happy to either share meals or use snack credits for meals you shouldn’t need to buy any other food.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We're hoping to not spend hardly anything more. We don't usually order starters and now you can have an alcoholic drink with you meal Dh will be happy.

The only time were planning to pay is the very first morning. We're at MK for early hours and as we've never been I didn't think the kids would want a booked breakfast as they'll be raring to go so we're hoping to go to sleepy hollow. Me and Dh will use a snack so will probably be the Mickey Waffle but both dd's want the nutella waffle that isn't a snack credit (typical) x
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

If you don't want to pay for an extras (bar tips) then I think it's easily manageable.

For us, we like to eat a few signature meals, plus we have days at US etc where we eat away from Disney. So the two even themselves out. It's quite easy to look at menus to cost up any meals you're planning on having offsite.
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen3675
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Don’t forget to budget for tips
Jen3675 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

The only food I paid for was the brown falling down water in Epcot - I'm just trying to weigh up whether to do the DDP next year or not
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We have spent extra on bfast to have in room when at OKW - so can have cereal or toast and then head straight to parks. Had groceries delivered, so sneaked some beers and drinks in (as at OKW you might not be near anywhere to fill up your cup).

However at Port Orleans this year, so envisage using snack credits at food hall for bfast, and only spends will be offsite if shopping over lunchtime... oh and there will be a Denny bfast too!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

We spent very little extra in Disney on food or drinks. We would rather use our snack credits for drinks along the way rather than bring lots of stuff home with leftover credits. We also got a lot of sides with a snack credit and still had loads to use for nice treats etc.We got most of the main things you can get for snack credits including all the slushes , Starbucks , Cheshire Cat tail , popcorn etc etc. We got a garden grocer order with drinks which helped with this. The times we spent a bit were on our ts meals on additional wine etc. We spent some on our offsite trips but not much...food at outlets etc.

Edited at 05:20 PM.
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

My kids always love a brekkie so we take the little mini cereals for breakfast in our room and then ddp lunch and dinner.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

DDP 5 times and our extras ,some cereal,bread for breakfast and the usual ice creams for down time back at resort. Oh and of coarse a biscuit for that cuppa after a long day
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I have been wondering this too as we are on ddp for the first time in October. There are only 2 of us so I wonder if the snack credits will be enough to cover drinks. I know we have our mug for drinks at resort but 2 snack credits a day each may not cover soft drinks in the heat I feel. We will probably use one credit each every day on an ice cream, cake or snack then another on a Starbucks drink each. Surely we would need another drink or two throughout the day?

I don't mind paying for a few drinks of course, but I feel I need to budget for this also. Plus an extra alcoholic drink or two, plus a side or starter to share sometimes, and tips. It all adds up, I am planning on using our $200 gift card to cover most of it but feel we may still be spending a little over this.

Edited at 08:01 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List