Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jul 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I'd agree with Ohana and would add Sanaa to the list.

However I would still rather be in a restaurant on site than any one off site. I can go into any number of fine places at home at any time but when I go to WDW it's for everything Disney. It's more about the whole experience for me.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As a couple who've probably only eaten a dozen dinners in WDW restaurants compared with maybe 500 off-site I'm not really qualified to offer an opinion.

But I would ask (confidently expecting to be flamed ). Is a $50 WDW sirloin steak twice as good as a $25 Texas or Longhorn sirloin steak?

I do accept that eating them on the DDP, which we've never done, is some sort of mitigation.

Just asking …………..

Mick
Yachtsman Steakhouse - I can honestly say that the steak we had at Texas was far better. I enjoyed the bread and garlic - and that's it. The waiter was dire - much more interested in his 'regulars' - I begrudged leaving any tip because of this. It was a massive disappointment. Would have been very unhappy if we had to pay for the meal. So Mick, I don't shoot you down in flames, but I expect to be

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Yachtsman Steakhouse - I can honestly say that the steak we had at Texas was far better. I enjoyed the bread and garlic - and that's it. The waiter was dire - much more interested in his 'regulars' - I begrudged leaving any tip because of this. It was a massive disappointment. Would have been very unhappy if we had to pay for the meal. So Mick, I don't shoot you down in flames, but I expect to be
Janette

Your reply was considered and polite just as I hope my original question was. There's really no need for any reply to be offensive?

Mick
Old 6 Jul 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Cinderella's Royal Table and Biergarten at Epcot. Hated the fact that we had strangers on our table and the food even more!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

First let me say I’m gobsmacked at so many folk didn’t think Ohana lived up to their expectations, we gave it thumbs up from food, ambience, server.. Now to my biggest disappointment, and their hasn’t been many in our seven on-site vacations.. Le Cellier.. Average steak.. Tables too close to other diners.. Way too dark.. This was our first signature experience and we were not impressed..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

CG for me.

Had an ADR to celebrate our wedding as we were officially on honeymoon. Even had my dress made shorter and wore it (Don't worry it wasn't a full on frilly affair )

Our server was really not interested in any interaction with us. We had to ask him to take this photo for us at the end of the meal.

We actually ended up listening to the server on the next table who was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine selection, and was engaging and funny too.

We were sat in the middle of the restaurant with the kitchen directly behind us and the main walkway infront of us, so it felt like we were kind of in the way.

The food itself was fine but I was glad not to be paying OOP for it! More than $200

The view was also good, but we were way too early to watch the fireworks. We could have returned later but by that time we couldn't be bothered tbh! Our own fault entirely.

All in all - just a disappointing experience
Old 6 Jul 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Given food prices are grossly inflated, in large part to sell overpriced dining plan as a 'value' I think in reality very few live up to expectations.
My biggest disappointment was Narcoosees. I read it's mind blowing, fabulous "signature' food.
The lobster was a bit rubbery, the steaks were OK, the restaurant was freezing (and I like it cold, waitress said it's freezing as that's why staff want it), food came out cold and went back, and bill was telephone numbers of over $100 a head.
Maybe it's me living in the alternate reality...
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

CRT
Daughter's Expectation 10/10
Daughter's Experience 10/10
My experience 1/10

We had the worst server I've ever had anywhere in the US and I've eaten in some rough places in some rough cities. She brought us the wrong meals, didn't clear anything and actually started an argument with me about payment...at a prepaid meal.
Food was actually ok when we did get what we ordered
Thankfully I managed to shield daughter from all this and she loved it. Which is kind of the whole point about CRT

We complained obviously and escalated it when that wasn't handled particularly well.
We ended up getting the meal comped and randomly a few fastpasses.

So is it over-rated? Not for my daughter but definitely for me.
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Much of what you pay for at Disney is experience. That said, we’ve never had bad food. We usually have free dining so seldom worry about value and generally enjoy our meals. When anyone asks what on-site meal would you pay OOP for I struggle though. We will pay OOP this year or we won’t eat but we’ll pick a couple of TS meals and the rest will be QS and snacks. No signatures. As much as I enjoyed the signature meals we’ve had over the years there’s no way I’m paying $150 for dinner for two.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Much of what you pay for at Disney is experience. That said, we’ve never had bad food. We usually have free dining so seldom worry about value and generally enjoy our meals. When anyone asks what on-site meal would you pay OOP for I struggle though. We will pay OOP this year or we won’t eat but we’ll pick a couple of TS meals and the rest will be QS and snacks. No signatures. As much as I enjoyed the signature meals we’ve had over the years there’s no way I’m paying $150 for dinner for two.
Lisa

We paid $150 for dinner (obviously OOP - is that what they call it? ) at Narcoossee's in Feb 2017 but it was a special occasion - our Golden Wedding. A lot of our DIBB friends will also know that it was very special in another way as well having cancelled two trips in 2016.

It was a lovely experience, it was a nice meal, the staff were very attentive, we had a table overlooking Wishes ……………..……….. it was $150

Mick