Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

What would you do? Update page 5

HI, sorry more questions but as a novice I am trying to soak up all the knowledge you guys have to offer.
So I have finally booked and halved the countdown :0
So my dilemma is

I am staying POR 21nights with a 14 day ticket. (is it right that you aren't able to upgrade to a 21 day at the park?

My husband and daughter aren't too fussed about 21 day ticket (which Virgin want to charge an extra £479 for compared to the £100 Disney charge.

I am trying to stick to a budget so have decided against the Dining upgrade so we have QS dining included ( am a bit gutted but the extra cost is massive for 5)

So I have a few options:
Use the extra days as pool days.
buy tickets else where e.g sea world or universal but this will end up costing even more.
Or pay the upgrade even though it is well overpriced.

Btw we will not be driving so shopping trips etc are unlikely

Sorry for long post but what would you do?
Thanks in advance

Edited at 06:44 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We would get tickets for other parks in all honesty. I know the cost is huge. But in three weeks we would definitely want to do universal and sea world
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

I would keep 14 day tickets , riverside and French quarter are both lovely and lots to see and relax at. Also Disney springs or a resort tour! Loads and actually would be lovely to just soak it all in and not rush , I would love to have this dilemma and would def choose this option x
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally I’d pay the food upgrade and enjoy table restaurants in the various resorts at a leisurely pace. I wouldn’t upgrade to more tickets. I’d love a three week trip where I could spend fourteen days in the parks relax by pool and enjoy resort dining

Lovely dilema to have
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WalesAndy
Excited about Disney

Plenty of stuff to do without tickets but I would certainly include shopping in that! It doesn't cost much for a taxi to the outlets! My family could spend multiple days in a row at Vineland outlets alone lol!
WalesAndy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I would stick with the 14 days too. I would be tempted to buy Universal tickets and use Uber or Lyft (cheap and simple to use).

But if the extra tickets are out of budget, there is still plenty to do. I would love more pool time (we usually go for 11nights so don't have enough rest time), plus Disney Springs, Citywalk or a few malls for shopping (again use Uber/Lyft). Another possibility could be a coach trip for a day at the beach in Clearwater, costs around £50 each and coach picks up at a few Disney hotels (Swan & Dolphin and possibly an All Stars resort), can be booked with Floridatix and ATD (and maybe other companies)

Edited at 04:21 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Are you able to spread out the 14 days and dining over the three weeks or not? That would be a deciding factor for us. 14 days is ample to do the disney parks for us, but I wouldn’t want to be on site with no park tickets, no dining plan and no transport for the last week of the holiday.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandonewbie View Post
Are you able to spread out the 14 days and dining over the three weeks or not? That would be a deciding factor for us. 14 days is ample to do the disney parks for us, but I wouldn’t want to be on site with no park tickets, no dining plan and no transport for the last week of the holiday.
The last sentence is key here, whilst you don't need a park or Disney restaurant every day you will want one at some point if you are still in the Disney bubble for a whole week.

Personally I'd drop the hotel down to 14 days as well and then either do a universal hotel (and tickets) for the last week or go off and explore wider Orlando in an off-site hotel with a car.

Being in Disney but not being able to go to Disney would be a serious bummer in my view...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve done 2 3 week stays and didnt manage to do all the parks (Disney,universal) due to taking it easy.

We went mad the first week chilled out the 2nd and went for it again on the 3rd week.

We were sat having dinner speaking to a couple who were flying back that same day after 2 weeks and was a humbling but lovely thought that it wouldn’t be us on that day.

When you do get home you do question yourself should you have done more or visited other parks but on the same token remember it is YOUR holiday.

Chilling out, sun bathing gets taken for granted when your in Florida particularly for 2 weeks because of the cost of tickets. Spread it out enjoy yourself but more importantly enjoy your holiday.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Hi, thanks you all make great points... my youngest is 5 and whilst I would love to do universal and the older ones too I think I would like to commit a holiday to the experience.
We are only having three weeks as slight date changes meant it worked out cheaper so it was more a bonus.
The plan was to use our 14 day tickets in the middle and have a few days to get over jet lag before we hit the parks and then a few days at the end to relax...
As for the dining plan Virgin want to charge £1400 and then taking the tips into consideration and my picky monsters I just aren't sure it is worth it but haven't ruled it out (as I would enjoy it)... I may think about paying oop for a meal if I don't upgrade.
I have been looking into sea world as well as this could be a change from the Disney parks but it would cost slightly more than the 21 day upgrade and not sure what it offers as an experience.
The day trip to clearwater sounds interesting though...will have to look into that
Thanks for all the great advice so far
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List