Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Sep 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ratty73
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Virgin prices

Just been looking at universal tickets on virgin site and they seem a bit cheaper than most places
Ratty73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I booked mine for next year through Virgin, the were very competitive and as a flying club member they knocked 7% off.

They also beat a quote I found for Discovery Cove.

Main bonus is that they don't need paying till next year
Old 10 Sep 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked Disney tickets and then got the flying club discount and even the big sales from the ticket sellers haven’t beaten their price.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ratty73
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Just rang virgin she doesn’t know anything about discount tickets
Ratty73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

We have booked our universal tickets with Virgin, Seemed very competitive to other prices. The only downside i found it that you dont actually get tickets just a voucher to exchange at the park for your tickets so may add a little time to your day..
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The discount comes from being a member of the flying club
Old 12 Sep 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Ratty73
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I am a member but virgin shop knew nothing about discount
Old 12 Sep 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The Universal tickets page says "from" in front of the ticket prices and you can't book them online. You have to phone them. I suspect the actual ticket price isn't the same as shown on the webpage.

If they are correct, then that's a pretty good price. Their 2019 Universal tickets are about £50 less than most places.

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We booked Disney tickets and then got the flying club discount and even the big sales from the ticket sellers haven’t beaten their price.
Are we talking Virgin Holidays here?

Only their prices for Disney tickets are more than most. Their 2018 14-day Disney tickets are £403 (here) whereas you can get them from somewhere like OrlandoAttractions for £373.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ratty73 View Post
I am a member but virgin shop knew nothing about discount
Then they are pants, I did mine via live chat and had no issues at all, I also had a chat with a member of staff in the Metro centre store and he was aware of the discount for flying club member's.

Old 13 Sep 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The Universal tickets page says "from" in front of the ticket prices and you can't book them online. You have to phone them. I suspect the actual ticket price isn't the same as shown on the webpage.

If they are correct, then that's a pretty good price. Their 2019 Universal tickets are about £50 less than most places.

Are we talking Virgin Holidays here?

Only their prices for Disney tickets are more than most. Their 2018 14-day Disney tickets are £403 (here) whereas you can get them from somewhere like OrlandoAttractions for £373.
It is VH.

For my next trip I was going to get the tickets elsewhere as last year Id used ATD, at the time we were only doing Disney and as I had to book the holiday over the phone they gave me a quote on tickets that were cheaper than anywhere else.

Then I decided that I wanted to do DC on Crimbo day and did some shopping around, after a live chat to VH they beat the best price so I booked through them.

I then decided that I couldn't do Orlando without Universal so again spent some time researching prices, another live chat with VH and I booked through them after they beat my best price.

All they needed was a link to the site offering a better price and they beat it, only downside is vouchers instead of real tickets but I can live with that.