Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 09, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TobyK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 138
We've never had a problem exchanging vouchers for tickets. Takes no time at all..maybe 5 mins?
TobyK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Wow 3.5%... who is charging that, Charter Travel? no way does a credit card company charge a merchant that much... what a rip off
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Spider666
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I had vouchers last Easter (first park day easter sunday) and it took about 2 minutes to get them changed into tickets no queue at all! If you change them into tickets on the day you get there is that when they are valid from as if it is you wouldn't beable to use on last day of a 14night holiday as that would be the 15th day?
Spider666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

We got our purchased our tickets direct from disney and they send vouchers rather than tickets. As others have said it really does not take anytime at all to get them swopped for tickets, disney is so streamlined.

We exchanged our the night before our first visit to the parks at down town disney. Just a little note the guest relations desk by Team Mickey was being renovated whilst we were there (31st Jan) so we had to use a booth set up by the entrance / exit to pleasure island. It's the round shaped building on the map by the bridge, the opposite end of pleasure island to fulton crab house.

At the parks the guest relations have several windows so you really will not have to queue for long if at all.

If you have seaworld vouchers like we did, we found that they were not as streamlined as disney and we did have to wait for about 10 mins to exchange the vouchers.

Dont let the disapointment of not having tickets stop you enjoying the start of your holiday, it really is no problem. Have a really great time
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
The-JAXX
Imagineer

The-JAXX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When we changed our vouchers for tickets at the guest services on way into the disney park we didn't have to re-queue a CM took us to an empty turnstile and let us go in through it (whether this is normal I don't know) but changing vouchers is not a problem just make sure you have ID on you.
DLP-May02,Oct05,April08,FLORIDA- May03,Holiday inn,Xmas04QualityInnApril06VillasofSomerset/RPR,Aug07BahamaBay/RPR,Dec08 BahamaBay,Aug10 BahamaBay/HRH,Feb11 New York,Aug11 Cypress,Aug12 BahamaBay/Vegas,Feb14 BahamaBay,Aug14 Sanfran/Vegas/LA,Aug15 Bahamabay/Aug16 vegas/monteray /san diego/Mar17 NewYork/Dec17 Disney Cruise/Bahama Bay/Jun18 Florida/Sep18 Seattle/Hawaii/Dec18 Florida/Feb19 ParisDisney/Jun19 Barbados/Dec19 Bahama Bay
The-JAXX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys, you really put my mind at rest that hopefully there will be no gueue. If I only have to queue 10-15 mins I'll be happy.
My only complain is that I have not been told about vouchers. Prices were really good, and the service ok as well.
The 3,5% c/c charge was a bit of a pain but hey, we are going on holiday!
Thanks for your help guys.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Spider666 View Post
I had vouchers last Easter (first park day easter sunday) and it took about 2 minutes to get them changed into tickets no queue at all! If you change them into tickets on the day you get there is that when they are valid from as if it is you wouldn't beable to use on last day of a 14night holiday as that would be the 15th day?
Tickets aren't activated until the first time you put them through a turnstile, so there would be no problem exchanging the vouchers on the first night.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Spider666
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Tickets aren't activated until the first time you put them through a turnstile, so there would be no problem exchanging the vouchers on the first night.
thanks handy to know may go down DTD on first night if im there early enough i will exchange tickets then, but only if im there won't make a special journey as it easy on day last time!
Spider666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I've always been given vouchers for my Orlando Flexiticket and I've never had any problems exchanging them for real tickets at guest relations. At least if you lose the voucher its no big deal (always keep a note of my reservation number separately) but if you lost your actiual tickets it would be a problem.
Old 21 Feb 09, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

We have vouchers for the first time this year (Virgin, way cheaper than anywhere else) and won't be able to go to DTD on the first night. We're intending to do MK on our first morning.

Can anyone tell me where Guest Relations is? Is it at the TTC?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread