Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 10, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Yeah its exactly that...

The real tickets are not bought on credit by companies (they pay up front) therefore they have already been paid for, so these will be fine.

Evouchers or Vouchers are purchased on credit and these will be refused.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I just wanted to post and say how sorry I am for people who have been caught up in this.

Tickets to theme parks are not cheap and to replace them will cause some hardship for some.

I hope that the credit card companies are able to help out but I'm not sure of the legality of this.

I hope something can be salvaged for those who have paid for tickets they will not be receiving from this company.
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
thomas83uk
Getting Excited

does anyone have any advice as to claiming back our money?
thanks
thomas83uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thomas83uk View Post
thanks
If you paid by CC you MAY be able to claim back from them so would advise you contact them ASAP.

If not I believe there is usually something posted on the relevant web site that tells you where you make a claim, but it's usually peanuts.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge about these things will post and let you know how to proceed.

I do hope you can manage to get some money back.
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
thanks
the best thing to do is to contact your credit/ debit card provider... they are the ones who make the claim on your behalf
Old 11 Aug 10, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
What gets me is its fairly clear that this company knew they were in trouble. They advisertise as real tickets, but how many people have then been told 'we have not been able to get the disney tickets in time, but we can get you vouchers' - I know I was which is why at that point I asked for a full refund - and after a lot of badgering to get the monies put back on my card happened. I even asked when they said this is it because you can get them on credit and you havent been paying your bills and the person I spoke to flatly denied this - well we know that was a lie because if the company ceased trading this morning was this only at the point where they were getting the reports that the tickets they were providing were being refused (which they would know would happen) that they ceased trading.

It absolutely disgusts me that companies can do this knowing that it could completely wreck someones holiday. Not everyone will be able to turn up at the parks, get refused entry due to dodgy tickets and then shell out more money. People may have paid by debit card so will have a lot of hassle to get their money back if they can at all. Would anyone use an associated company of Seatem? I know I would avoid with a bargepole because the nature of their business and how they have conducted themselves doesnt bode well for anyone associated with them - and I know for a fact that their call centre in Belfast also services Seatem as I called a number for that and got the very same person I had spoken to 15 minutes earlier but quoting a different company name.

My heart goes out to anyone affected by this. I apologies for the nature of my update if it seems angry but I really am furious about this because I knew it was going to happen and unfortunately not eveyrone will have been lucky to have read the posts about this company recently. I know if I had read some of those before I initially booked with them I would not have. I am one of the lucky ones it seems.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
AbundantBee
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
thanks
We had a problems a few years ago when the company we arranged our car hire with went bump. Fortunately we found out before we went and got our money back after putting a claim in with the credit card company. If I remember correctly it was a straight forward process and we got our money back quite quickly.

Hopefully it will be as straight forward for people affected by this company's demise.
Old 11 Aug 10, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thomas83uk
Getting Excited

i found this on mse moneysavingexpert/sho...your-purchases
thomas83uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
emsy1981
Very Serious Dibber

Feel for anyone caught up in this situation and hope people get their money back.

Totally agree with Macmac. I work for a financial services company and we are obliged to keep client monies seperately and ALL companies should have to do this regardless of business type.

Suggest everyone involved get onto credit/debit card providers now.

good luck guys, really feel for you.
Will come to you
emsy1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We ordered our tickets from Theme Park tickets Direct some while ago. They were due to be posted out to us sometime this week.. ( I had said we were going earlier than we were )

Husband has just bolted down to the bank to see about the CC details..

Spoke to Keith Prowse company and they are only saying.. Go and get your credit card company to sort it...

Aaaarrrggghhh... This holiday planning has been soooo stressful this time...

Kath
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread