Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Nov 10, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Sea World to Replace "Believe"

inline image
According to the Orlando Sentinel, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is working on a new killer-whale show to premiere in 2011, replacing “Believe” after a four-year run.

The new, still-unnamed show will be part of the SeaWorld parks in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio.next spring in its three U.S. marine parks, as it attempts to move beyond the February death of a trainer that has shadowed the company for nearly a year.

Jim Atchison, SeaWorld Parks’ president and chief executive officer, told the Sentinel that the new show was in development prior to the death of Dawn Brancheau, the trainer who was killed by a SeaWorld “killer” whale in February. The incident has left the popular “Believe” show without trainers in the water and it’s not clear whether those trainers will return to the pools with the whales in the new show next year.
The details and design of the new show will be revealed by SeaWorld soon.

Your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Believe (143 x 200).jpg
Views:	104609
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	27689  

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 10, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
thoughts? - not surprised in the least...
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 10, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jewels_555
Excited about Disney

I loved believe and it'll be sad not to see it again but it is understandable and I don't think it would've been the same watching it again without the trainers in the water... I wonder if Shamu Rocks will still be happening next summer too...
2018 Universal Orlando Cabana Bay
jewels_555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 10, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Ooh not sure how I feel about this.
I loved Believe...wasnt going to see it this year as we're there over Xmas so was just going to see Shamu Xmas miracles. Might try and squueze believe in too if its gonna end soon.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 10, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

something needs to be done as the show this year ( oct ) was dull and boring and made us think about seaworld as a day out next time we go ( infact we decided not to bother )

even my 7yr DD said " is that it ? ? ? that wasnt the same as last time "
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 10, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I love Believe, glad I have the dvd as I guess after what happened it could never be the same, not planning on seaworld this trip.

Could be a good thing to have a whole new show with no comparisons to the original believe.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 10, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Armanaleg
Apprentice Imagineer

We have never been to Seaworld and had planned to include it in next year's trip. We were looking forward to seeing this show as we have heard/read good reviews. Still, I should imagine that whatever replaces it will be just as good.

DLRP - DC 96; SL 98; DLH 03, Castle Club 07 (upgraded by Mickey to the Cinderella Suite), CC 09, DLH 14, HNY 15, HNY Empire State 17, SL Golden Forest 23
WDW - POR 06 & 08.
WDW - 2010 & 11 - 21 days - Both Cancelled - Redundancy!
Armanaleg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 10, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Having seen Believe in 2007, I did find that the show did not have as much atmosphere this year without trainers in the water when we saw it a few weeks ago.

The whales obviously like the interation with humans and want to be touched so it must be hard for them too as they have spent their lives with the interaction from their trainers and this is suddenly taken away.

I cannot see they will put trainers in the water again though, they just would not get the insurance for it. I cannot see how they can move forward without the trainers in the water though.

It was nice to see the baby though, it was 3 weeks old when we went and was suckling off the mum when it was swimming round.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 10, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

We too loved Believe but I think it only right to replace the show after the tragic accident.

I think they could probably get trainers back in the water with extra safety measures in place but I am sure that this would take much soul searching from the owners and possibly a blessing from the bereaved family.

Whatever they do I am sure it will be good.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 10, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
craigsteeps
Apprentice Imagineer

craigsteeps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I must say that i was disappointed with Beleive when we saw it on Sunday... After watching the dolphin & bird show first it was a bit of anti climax.. I think a new show may be in order...

First family of 4 trip to CBR Aug 2022
2nd family of 4 trip to CBR Aug 2024
craigsteeps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List