Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 19 Apr 15, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Thomson E-Ticket Help

Hi all, been lurking on this forum for a few years since we last went but have recently booked to go again next easter and Im wondering if anyone can advise me.

We have booked with Thomson for next easter, 14 nights, Port Orleans, 14 Day Ultimate Disney.

We booked in store but when the booking was going through, there was a problem with the server and they couldnt book our park tickets. They said they would contact me when they had sorted it and I could collect them. I paid for the holiday and tickets in full. Two days later I get a call, all is sorted and I can collect the tickets.

What I have received is a print out of an E-ticket which looks like it has gone through someone called hotelbedsusa. On the print out it says I can collect my tickets at a park, or I can phone 30 days prior to get my reference number. This obviously means that I miss the 60 day FP window and rides are likely to be out of FP's.

Ive phoned Thompson numerous times regarding this and also trying to link my booking with MDE and they are totally clueless.

I know is still ages off, but I am a bit of a stresshead and its obviously cost a lot of money, and I just want to know that everything is sorted and not have to worry.

Im considering heading down to the branch today and trying to get a refund on the Ulimate Disney and just booking myself through the Disney site. At least I know then that its all sorted and I should be able to link it up easy with MDE.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 15, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

In addition, neither my car, or the Disney tickets are shown anywhere on my holiday booking, and I cant log in to my booking online because apparently they are having all new systems installed which I cant log into for months yet.

Thanks in advance.
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 15, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Doesn't sound good to me, I'd be heading to the shop for a refund. Don't know what's going on with Thomson lately but for some Dibbers they've been a headache. I've booked with them this year and they've been fine, apart from nagging them to link my booking to MDE, if you're onsite, you WILL be able to book fastpasses from 60 days and NOT 30 as they are suggesting.

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 15, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Queen_Elsa View Post
Doesn't sound good to me, I'd be heading to the shop for a refund. Don't know what's going on with Thomson lately but for some Dibbers they've been a headache. I've booked with them this year and they've been fine, apart from nagging them to link my booking to MDE, if you're onsite, you WILL be able to book fastpasses from 60 days and NOT 30 as they are suggesting.
Thanks, and thats what I thought, but if they are telling me I can only get my confirmation number 30 days prior by logging onto a website, then its like they have made a separate booking for the park tickets isnt it? I assume if I get a refund on the ticket, then I can book through Disney online and link them up immediately, then add my hotel reservation when Thomson sort it out at a later date?

Thanks again.
Old 19 Apr 15, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by andyb1126 View Post
Thanks, and thats what I thought, but if they are telling me I can only get my confirmation number 30 days prior by logging onto a website, then its like they have made a separate booking for the park tickets isnt it? I assume if I get a refund on the ticket, then I can book through Disney online and link them up immediately, then add my hotel reservation when Thomson sort it out at a later date?

Thanks again.
Yes it sounds like they've booked everything separately to me. Probably to cut costs and maximise profits at their end, but what they don't seem to understand is that onsite guests can book fastpasses at 60 days and should be able to link to MDE well before 180 days out.
I would try and get a refund on the ticket personally and buy through Disney. Good luck

Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 15, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Yes it sounds like they've booked everything separately to me. Probably to cut costs and maximise profits at their end, but what they don't seem to understand is that onsite guests can book fastpasses at 60 days and should be able to link to MDE well before 180 days out.
I would try and get a refund on the ticket personally and buy through Disney. Good luck
Just got back from the shop. They are contacting some guy over in the US from Disney to try and get my number, failing that they will get in touch with Thomson Tickets where they came from and said they would get back to me by Tuesday. Ill see what they say and if Im not getting anywhere Ill start asking for a refund.

All this mither is ridiculous when you spend so much money, and I cant believe that Thomson are so clueless when it comes to Disney.
Old 19 Apr 15, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

You're right, they're clueless. I think they need to start some staff training on the basics of Florida holidays. I have an email address for the resort team in Orlando if you need it, I had to pester them to get my booking linked to MDE.

Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Old 19 Apr 15, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Mobile

You're right, they're clueless. I think they need to start some staff training on the basics of Florida holidays. I have an email address for the resort team in Orlando if you need it, I had to pester them to get my booking linked to MDE.
Oh right. That might be useful. Yes please.
Old 19 Apr 15, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

No problem. ResortFloridaMailboxNew@thomson.co.uk
Hope you get sorted

Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Old 19 Apr 15, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Super, thank you very much, Ill let you know how I get on.

I know its ages off yet but I just want to know its sorted.
Closed Thread