Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 15, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Hey guys - you can buy your tickets from whoever you like - Disney don't care. You get your 60 days FP plus window for staying onsite and while you do have to have tickets linked it doesnt matter who you buy them through.

The only time you have to buy tickets and accommodation as an all in one package (from Disney or a TA) is when you are buying (or getting a free) dining plan. From what you have both said you arent going to be on a dining plan. You will of course still need to link your resort stay as you say

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Hey guys - you can buy your tickets from whoever you like - Disney don't care. You get your 60 days FP plus window for staying onsite and while you do have to have tickets linked it doesnt matter who you buy them through.

The only time you have to buy tickets and accommodation as an all in one package (from Disney or a TA) is when you are buying (or getting a free) dining plan. From what you have both said you arent going to be on a dining plan. You will of course still need to link your resort stay as you say

Thanks Adam, that makes sense. And am I correct in thinking it doesnt matter which order you do it in? So I could link my park tickets up initially then add the resort later when Thomson square everything up with Disney, which will then increase the FP plus window to 60 days?

Many Thanks
Andy
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by andyb1126 View Post
Thanks Adam, that makes sense. And am I correct in thinking it doesnt matter which order you do it in? So I could link my park tickets up initially then add the resort later when Thomson square everything up with Disney, which will then increase the FP plus window to 60 days?

Many Thanks
Andy
Yep you can do it in any order

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

As far as I can figure out yes, the park tickets can be linked to your Disney account, then link the accommodation when we finally get it.

Getting the 7 digit ref does seem to be the easy bit though, at least thats something we only have to pester Thomson for. In fact, Im hopnig the 5 digit ref will eventually work. But the park tickets are through someone else (Hotelbeds) so getting that requires Thomson to pester them, and if they say no, we are stuck.
That's what I will do too then. I guess you have only paid deposit, not fully, for park tickets, so may lose that? Only paid deposit for holiday too, so can use that as a "bargaining tool" to get 7 digit number maybe, shouldn't be happening though tbh.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That's what I will do too then. I guess you have only paid deposit, not fully, for park tickets, so may lose that? Only paid deposit for holiday too, so can use that as a "bargaining tool" to get 7 digit number maybe, shouldn't be happening though tbh.
Unfortunately not. I've paid it all in full. But, their brochure lists the perks you get by staying on site, so if they can't honour that then I'm hoping they don't have a leg to stand on.
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Unfortunately not. I've paid it all in full. But, their brochure lists the perks you get by staying on site, so if they can't honour that then I'm hoping they don't have a leg to stand on.
This is true, brochure clearly states 60 days FP if saying onsite. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow, hope you and I get some answers
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

This is true, brochure clearly states 60 days FP if saying onsite. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow, hope you and I get some answers
Me too. Good luck!
Old 21 Apr 15, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Right, just got back from Thomsons.

They have had a reply back from someone they emailed on Sunday saying all they need to do is contact Thomson Tickets, and tell them I am staying on-site and they will email back with my ticket references.

The lady in the shop has emailed them my details and said they should get back to her today or tomorrow. She then went on to say about the 60 days and my booking will come back with a date 30 days prior to allow them to do it, but then my tickets will be correct. So Im not entirely filled with confidence but I will give them a couple of days to see what happens.

She also spoke to someone at head office who said the 5 digit reference on the booking will be the one that links to MDE but its just a little to early for it to work.

I dont know that Im any more happy about it but at least the store are trying.

Just a thought though, if they turn round and say you can have it at 60 days but not before, other then the FP+, is there any other reason to have the tickets linked to MDE. Are they needed for dining or anything else?

Cheers in advance.
Andy
Old 21 Apr 15, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
So, if we cancel the park tickets and then buy them through Disney website, we can add our existing accommodation and get FP 60 days in advance? But, we would still need the 7 digit number? That's the main problem all ways as I see it though!
The 7 digit reference number should be on your holiday invoice you received when you booked your holiday. It was on ours. It was the same number against the flights, hotel, etc.

It took awhile for our Thomson ref number to be recognised by Disney's MDE site. I think I had to wait until 3 or 4 months before our hols which isn't a problem (You can still book ADRs without your reservation linked - it's just that you won't get the 10 day advantage).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bean-disney
Apprentice Imagineer

bean-disney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
you can still book ADR 180 days out if you dont hav your booking linked on MDE only problem is usually when staying onsite you can book 180+10 so you might not get to do that, i booked everything through Thomson (staying offsite though) i was going to cancel my park tickets that i had purchsed through them and get them elsewhere so i could link them quickly to MDE but Thomson were going to charge a £200 admin fee for making changes to my booking so didnt bother, i got all my stuff sorted pretty easily though, got my ticket ref at the 30 day window to book FP the only ones i couldnt get were A+E and 7DMT but not too fussed about them... hope you get it all sorted