Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 25 Mar 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Agree with other posters. The single rider line is for people who are prepared to ride alone and fill up odd seats in ride vehicles that would otherwise be empty, thus benefitting all riders by increasing the throughput. I think it's fine for a group to queue in the single rider line as long as they are prepared to ride singly. It's called the single rider line not the single queuer line.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Agree with the others the single rider line can be used by groups as long as they don't expect to sit together.
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
When we used to go at busy (school holiday) times, me and DD would often use the single rider queue at Test Track, Rocknroller Coaster and EE. Just to make sure we got a go without waiting 50-60 minutes. Worked a treat, never occurred to me we might be doing something wrong. We both knew we would be split up for the ride itself.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

We did single rider last year ( five of us ) for Harry Potter ride.the line moved quite quickly so although I understand what the OP is suggesting, if it was just " single riders " ( not family's split up ) then I am sure it would bulk up the standard line and seats would go through empty .i think it's a good way to ensure the ride runs full each time. I don't think enough people want to ride single rider to cause a problem, however if this was to happen then they would surely have to rethink .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BigYin View Post
That's what I mean shouldn't the line be for single riders, not groups that are happy to be split.
The line is for people who are happy to ride alone, not queue alone. You have obviously misunderstood the purpose of the line and wound yourself up for no good reason. I've often seen whole school trips pile into the single rider queue as well as families. As everyone says, so long as you understand that once you get to the front you'll be sat on your own in the next available single seat then, happy days. Problems arise when people queue and then want to be sat with the friend they are with.

Also, most single rider lines are faster for getting on a ride, but it isn't guaranteed to be quicker. There has been the odd occasion where we have seen people get on before us that entered the regular queue when we went single rider, but that's just how it goes.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

The aim of single rider isn't necessarily to be quickers overall for the rider. The main point of single rider, as others have said, is to ensure that empty seats don't go around thus reducing the wait time for everyone. It does tend to move quicker because there are a lot of groups that are odd numbers. If these people didn't queue I single rider they'd be in the main line, so the total number of people going on the ride isn't different. It may make the single rider line a bit longer, but as I say, it's NOT and express line with a guarantee of YOU riding quicker. If you want that, buy an Express Pass.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We may well be doing this when we are there. There could be 3 or 4 of us talking to each other in the queue but what you will not see is one or two of our group who will be looking after our young grandchildren in the background. Are you saying that only couples should benefit rather than a larger group with children?
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancat
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
The main point of single rider, as others have said, is to ensure that empty seats don't go around thus reducing the wait time for everyone.
Absolutely this - it isn't an express line - and it does actually reduce the waiting time for everyone as the odd seats are filled. And to be honest, I'm the sort of person who will chat to anyone in a line - whether I know them or not.

DLP - Newport Bay Club - June 2012
OKW/ASM/RPR - July 2016
The 'Don't panic - we've got this' Trip report July 2016 **COMPLETE**
Dancat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

However, more than once I've seen a parent and child get to the front of a single rider queue and then argue that they should be allowed to ride together because the child is too young / scared or whatever. That does annoy me I'm afraid because that does feel like abuse. The CM always tries to explain that this is single rider, but what can they do if the parent is adamant and won't budge without going together. Single riders should be separated in my opinion, but you can queue with as many family and friends as you like.

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

My hubby and I always do single rider lines and chat to each other whilst in line. What's wrong with that? When we get to the loading area it's a dollar to a cent that we will be riding in different cars to make up the numbers. Whoever gets on first just waits for the other at the end. I think only once have we ever both been loaded into the same car and that was at Cars in Disney's California Adventure.
Closed Thread