Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 8 Sep 16, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Are you referring to the tickets directly from the Universal website? Is it cheaper to add "park hopping" when arriving at the gate then than get the park to park ticket initially?

Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
I think the 'value' option now is a 4 day single park (i.e. no hopping) ticket at about £35 per day per adult (or £38 if after 31/3/17). Add in park hopping and it's about £40 per day.

To be fair, I only bought the 14 day passes this time because they were cheaper than buying the 3-4 days I was planning to - (they were marginally more than a 2 day single park ticket) I was surprised to find 14 day passes at that price.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida2014dp View Post
Are you referring to the tickets directly from the Universal website? Is it cheaper to add "park hopping" when arriving at the gate then than get the park to park ticket initially?
Yes, I was referring to direct - no, it won't be cheaper to upgrade in person (but you might find you don't need to upgrade).
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We have done all parks many times and I'm glad I got to visit Diagon Alley etc last October as I def won't be paying these massively increased prices
We are taking our Granddaughter for first time and had considered going to Universal to see the cartoon strip area, cat in the hat etc, but that's now clearly off the cards.
We are going to Disney but you know what it'll be value for money as we will be going lots of days etc, I. The past, whether it's just been DH and I, or us plus some of the older kids the max time at Universal has been 1.5 days so clearly not worth it for us I'm afraid :angry:

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
We have done all parks many times and I'm glad I got to visit Diagon Alley etc last October as I def won't be paying these massively increased prices
We are taking our Granddaughter for first time and had considered going to Universal to see the cartoon strip area, cat in the hat etc, but that's now clearly off the cards.
We are going to Disney but you know what it'll be value for money as we will be going lots of days etc, I. The past, whether it's just been DH and I, or us plus some of the older kids the max time at Universal has been 1.5 days so clearly not worth it for us I'm afraid :angry:
The big price increase is for the 14 day park-to-park passes. The other (shorter duration) tickets don't seem to have seen the same bump in price so 2 days shouldn't be massively more expensive than it was.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We want to do 2 days at Universal including the Howard's Express. Is a 2 day ticket any cheaper? I really want to see the Harry Potter stuff, but £1000 for the experience is hard to swallow.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We want to do 2 days at Universal including the Howard's Express. Is a 2 day ticket any cheaper? I really want to see the Harry Potter stuff, but £1000 for the experience is hard to swallow.
If you buy park to park tickets direct from the official website:

1 day = $155
2 days = $219
3 days = $229
4 days = $239
Old 11 Sep 16, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I honestly can't believe what I'm reading We went last year and the tickets were under £100!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
If you buy park to park tickets direct from the official website:

1 day = $155
2 days = $219
3 days = $229
4 days = $239
I think 3 day tickets may be the way to go.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I think 3 day tickets may be the way to go.
The prices that fl-veteran has shown have to have tax added to them.

The cheapest site to use for the tickets you want is orlandoattractions.com, link below.

orlandoattractions/t...viewType/16/16

Edited at 06:57 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I honestly can't believe what I'm reading We went last year and the tickets were under £100!
Last year $155 was around the £100 mark... and a 1 day non park-to-park ticket is still way under £100 ($105 plus tax direct from Universal).

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
The prices that fl-veteran has shown have to have tax added to them.

The cheapest site to use for the tickets you want is orlandoattractions.com, link below.

orlandoattractions/t...viewType/16/16
Yes, I was just giving an example rather than suggesting you buy direct (although that did used to offer fairly good value before exchange rates tanked).
Closed Thread