Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 16, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I priced Disney 2 bed villa with free dining. 2 cheapest were OKW and POR French quarter. Cost was way way more than offsite luxury villa. For 5 of us, we allowed £2K for villa, added car hire and still had 3K for food spends for 2 weeks.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Got to disagree with you PM on this thread but after our one week onsite stay last year we vowed never again. 4 people 1 room was just not for us at all, the space the villa provides us far outweighs the benefits of staying onsite give. Not knocking you but it's not for everyone 😃
You are so right. We have done our hols in bedsits, and if we could only stay in one hotel room we wouldn't go. Just me and the wife have a 4 bed villa between the two of us this year and just love the peace.

That said it must be a nice atmosphere staying at some disney hotels and having the transportation to hand to the parks or even being in walking distance.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Thank god I read this thread! I've managed to buy mine today with Orlando attraction tickets.co.uk for £385 each and its a real ticket. I got my tickets through them last year and they were very good.

ETA - I can't believe I'm pleased with £385 each
Thank god it's just 2 of us. If we were going as our usual 5 I would seriously reconsider.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
LISAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Hoping to book soon for the 4 of us (DH, DD 18 and DD 12 and myself) for 3 weeks in July next year. Unfortunately we can't book 18 months in advance or even a year in advance as DH's leave list for 2017 isn't out yet. We plan on staying in a 4* in International Drive as Disney Hotels were coming in at 12k &. Given the ages of my DDs we really need 2 rooms now, so are looking at suites and also living in NI we are very limited on direct flights and decent priced connections. We reckon with the atrocious exchange rate at the minute, we will be lucky to do it for less than 15k, as park tickets for all the parks will be over 2k.
In 2008 it cost us less than 6k all in for 2 weeks at the beginning of July for the 4 of us, but then the forex rate was 2.10$ to 1. 17 days in California in 2015 was about 8k. So it's really scary how much all prices have gone up
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WillSa6 View Post
Hoping to book soon for the 4 of us (DH, DD 18 and DD 12 and myself) for 3 weeks in July next year. Unfortunately we can't book 18 months in advance or even a year in advance as DH's leave list for 2017 isn't out yet. We plan on staying in a 4* in International Drive as Disney Hotels were coming in at 12k &. Given the ages of my DDs we really need 2 rooms now, so are looking at suites and also living in NI we are very limited on direct flights and decent priced connections. We reckon with the atrocious exchange rate at the minute, we will be lucky to do it for less than 15k, as park tickets for all the parks will be over 2k.
In 2008 it cost us less than 6k all in for 2 weeks at the beginning of July for the 4 of us, but then the forex rate was 2.10$ to 1. 17 days in California in 2015 was about 8k. So it's really scary how much all prices have gone up
For comparison we booked all parks a few weeks ago from FloridaTix.

Universal/Disney 14 day combo was £570, now £630, incl. Volcano Bay.

Discovery Cove (non-Swim), incl. Busch, SeaWorld, Aquatica was £147, now £168.

Total was £717, now £798. Over an 11% increase. That's not bad if someone said it was an 8% increase, ignoring exchange rates?!?

Total for 4 now at £3,192.

EDIT: Should probably clarify what I mean by "not bad"... exchange rates have changed a lot and someone said prices have been hiked by 8% anyway, which means the effect of the exchange rate is actually less than 3%. Anyone want to comment?

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

wow that is such a massive hike in prices. Glad i bought mine earlier in the year for next year although they were still very expensive. I did find all the companies very helpful though and most will price match so I would say shop around.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
For comparison we booked all parks a few weeks ago from FloridaTix.

Universal/Disney 14 day combo was £570, now £630, incl. Volcano Bay.

Discovery Cove (non-Swim), incl. Busch, SeaWorld, Aquatica was £147, now £168.

Total was £717, now £798. Over an 11% increase. That's not bad if someone said it was an 8% increase, ignoring exchange rates?!?

Total for 4 now at £3,192.

EDIT: Should probably clarify what I mean by "not bad"... exchange rates have changed a lot and someone said prices have been hiked by 8% anyway, which means the effect of the exchange rate is actually less than 3%. Anyone want to comment?
Yes its becoming unaffordable thats the only comment i want to make.
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
Yes its becoming unaffordable thats the only comment i want to make.
It is, and yet Disney attendance is going up according to some. It certainly feels busier at less busy times.

If you have kids, it's getting crazy. Then again we live in an age of "ordinary" people having huge weddings with helicopters etc, and getting hugely into debt in the process.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread