Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Jan 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Universal Ticket Price Reduction

Do we think it's coming?

We had Disney/Universal combos booked but cancelled them after the Disney price reduction, as we stood to save £350 even after we forfeited our deposit as there's 5 of us.

I rebooked our WDW tickets for £280pp but held off on Universal in case this price reduction materialised. It hasn't yet and I've seen the 3-park explorer for £216pp with a $10 Universal gift card per ticket.

Just checking if anyone has any inside info on a possible price reduction before I book.

Thanks!
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I'm looking at booking these tickets too. Where did you see them for £216 with the free $10 gift card? I could only find them at £221 with the gift card deal.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm also interested in where the £216 with a gift card deal is - hopefully it'll still be on at the end of the month when we get paid 😀
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Which tickets are these and what are the 3 parks? Only ever bought 2 park tickets in past. Is the third park the new Volcano Bay waterpark?

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
I'm looking at booking these tickets too. Where did you see them for £216 with the free $10 gift card? I could only find them at £221 with the gift card deal.
Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
I'm also interested in where the £216 with a gift card deal is - hopefully it'll still be on at the end of the month when we get paid 😀
orlandoattractiontickets have got a £5 off code (WEEKEND5) at the top of their webpage which would reduce the £221 tickets to £216 I haven't tried it though so the offer might not work...

Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
Which tickets are these and what are the 3 parks? Only ever bought 2 park tickets in past. Is the third park the new Volcano Bay waterpark?
Yes, Volcano Bay is the third park but the 3 park tickets are only valid for arrivals after June.

Edited at 01:52 PM.
skalexander is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Oops, seems the £5 extra discount doesn't work on Universal tickets - I still think its a pretty good deal as long as Universal don't go and reduce the prices
Old 8 Jan 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

[QUOTE=skalexander;12200839]orlandoattractiontickets have got a £5 off code (WEEKEND5) at the top of their webpage which would reduce the £221 tickets to £216 I haven't tried it though so the offer might not work...

I don't think it works for the Explorer ticket, but I may be wrong.

Sorry didn't see your above post, was writing mine when you must have posted yours

Edited at 02:02 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gallagher1902
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Do we think it's coming?

We had Disney/Universal combos booked but cancelled them after the Disney price reduction, as we stood to save £350 even after we forfeited our deposit as there's 5 of us.

I rebooked our WDW tickets for £280pp but held off on Universal in case this price reduction materialised. It hasn't yet and I've seen the 3-park explorer for £216pp with a $10 Universal gift card per ticket.

Just checking if anyone has any inside info on a possible price reduction before I book.

Thanks!
I have just noticed this thread. Could you explain why you think there will be a price reduction on Universal tickets. We are staying at the Disney Old Key West resort in August. Hopefully the new water park at Universal Studios will be open by then, so we will need Universal tickets at the cheapest possible price. Any help with this would be very appreciated.
gallagher1902 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Why not just pay a deposit ? You would likely be coverred if they drop as they've helped most people who paid deposit only .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gallagher1902 View Post
I have just noticed this thread. Could you explain why you think there will be a price reduction on Universal tickets. We are staying at the Disney Old Key West resort in August. Hopefully the new water park at Universal Studios will be open by then, so we will need Universal tickets at the cheapest possible price. Any help with this would be very appreciated.
With Disney tickets being reduced, there were murmurings on the Dibb about whether Universal would follow suit. I'm basically asking if anyone has heard anything more concrete than murmurings.

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Why not just pay a deposit ? You would likely be coverred if they drop as they've helped most people who paid deposit only .
ATD wouldn't reduce our prices so I cancelled and lost my deposit. It was worth it, but I don't want to be impatient and then end up forfeiting another £50 - every little helps and all that.